Sign in to follow this  
pietersny

Need info on a auction...

pietersny

Lets say I auction an item but I dont find the final bid satisfactory...can I still withdraw it....?

JPBon
Lets say I auction an item but I dont find the final bid satisfactory...can I still withdraw it....?

Nope bids are legally binding contracts,

pietersny

So it is not possible to remove the item now?

Could I atleast extend the date of the auction?

Vegar

The moment there is a bid on an auction it is closed to the seller - you cannot change a thing.

Did you lose money on this auction? Well ... put it in your education fund - university costs :hm:

Next time either list the item at it's value to you or put a reserve on it.

voldermort

You can delete the bid and once you have deleted the bid you can stop the auction HOWEVER bear in mind that you can only do this for the following reasons: item needs to be modified, you have dealt with the seller before (obviously bad transaction) & some other reason that escapes me at the moment. BoB will frown very heavily upon you were you to withdraw the item because you did not receive the amount you were hoping for.

If you go onto winning bids and then press the delete button.......the valid reasons for withdrawing a bid will then come up.

Edited by voldermort

brands online
You can delete the bid and once you have deleted the bid you can stop the auction HOWEVER bear in mind that you can only do this for the following reasons: item needs to be modified, you have dealt with the seller before (obviously bad transaction) & some other reason that escapes me at the moment. BoB will frown very heavily upon you were you to withdraw the item because you did not receive the amount you were hoping for.

If you go onto winning bids and then press the delete button.......the valid reasons for withdrawing a bid will then come up.

I don't think this is good advice voldemort. There's no reason to delete a bid because you 'aren't happy with the final price' on the system. And besides, that's dishonest and unethical. For the reasons you menitoned above, sure, but not for the reason here. :amazed:

P.S: apologies ... just saw the HOWEVER

pietersny

Thank you very much for the advice , I am still new to this so made a mistake with the price

voldermort
I don't think this is good advice voldemort. There's no reason to delete a bid because you 'aren't happy with the final price' on the system. And besides, that's dishonest and unethical. For the reasons you menitoned above, sure, but not for the reason here. :amazed:

Which if you read my post correctly is exactly what I said......the reasons for withdrawing a bid are clearly listed, nowhere is there a reason for withdrawing a bid due to not receiving the amount hoped for however some people seem to be under the impression that an auction cannot be stopped once a bid is placed, that is not so, there are legitimate reasons for stopping an auction.

brands online
Which if you read my post correctly is exactly what I said......the reasons for withdrawing a bid are clearly listed, nowhere is there a reason for withdrawing a bid due to not receiving the amount hoped for however some people seem to be under the impression that an auction cannot be stopped once a bid is placed, that is not so, there are legitimate reasons for stopping an auction.

Again, apologies... slow processing your HOWEVER...:smile:

mellowred

Hi Pieter

Are you referring to the concert ticket? You do not have any bids on it yet so you can edit it.