Sign in to follow this  
ATA STAMP CENTRE

Explanation would be appreciated please

ATA STAMP CENTRE

HI

I do not understand the listing process-After 3 years of selling on bob i consider myself an experienced seller and one of the top sellers,But i have an ongoing problem with understanding how certain listings are always ahead of mine on the specific listing pages.I understand that the higher enhancement you pay will ensure you are higher on the page.

Also as explained by bob if two sellers have the same listing enhancement the one that closes earlier will feature above the one that closes later irrespective of when you listed the item.But i have on numerous occasions had my category page listings placed below other sellers when my time closes before theirs,AS i cannot see what enhancement they have chosen i would presume they would have to pay the R50 homepage fee to be ahead of me but on many occasions it is for items that the seller would only expect to receive about R80 or so and to pay R55 to advertise an item to receive R80 DOES NOT MAKE SENSE so i would be correct in assuming the seller has only paid R10 for category listing.But how then does his item feature above mine if i am closing before his item,

Another query which could refer to this problem.IF seller uses bulk upload for 20 items and his one item closes at 8 pm and the rest close at 10 pm would they then all be placed after the first closing item and other sellers items do not split these item?This could possibly be why earlier closing times get placed below the later closing times for the same enhancement listing?

My problem is that there are only 40 spots on each page and if i am paying R10 CATEGORY enhancement and get kicked off the ist few pages so quickly and unfairly why should i bother paying this enhancement fee.I could just as well step down a level and save my fees.

If there is a logical explanation why this happens could someone please explain-i am referring mainly to crazy wed promotional listings and wed 12 january contains some examples of what i am referring to.

neil

Edited by ATA STAMP CENTRE

mellowred

Hi Neil

With the listings for 12 Jan is it possible that ,as they are all "yet to open", they are listed according to date listed (?)

Then when the item opens it moves up above the "yet to open" (?)

The open items are then listed in closing time order (?)

Computer programmes are supposed to be logical, so there must be some logical explanation for the problem which the programmers can easily explain.

ATA STAMP CENTRE

HI MELLOWRED

I do not think so as i prelist ahead by about two weeks so i would then be first if it is as you suggest.There are two or three particular sellers who seem to be able to list long after me and close after me and still get ahead of me in the listings and they are not paying higher enhancement fees judging by the type of items and price they would then get.They must have some way of doing it that i am not aware of??

neil

qball

Hi Neil

Please give me trade ID's as examples.

Thanks

ATA STAMP CENTRE

HI CUAN

Please check this one on wed crazy auction-ID 31194853-Closes at 22h00-If seller has paid home page fee no problem but if only category enhancement should not be ahead of my items closing earlier that are also category enhancement.

neil

qball

Hi Neil

The other seller has more enhancements thus will get higher ranking in the results, he has Paid Promotion, Category featured, Priority and Highlighted, thus his listing will be given better exposure than yours that just have Paid Promo and Category featured.

Kind regards

Cuan

ATA STAMP CENTRE

Hi

Fair enough as long as they are paying more than me for the listings-Does not make sense sometimes for the product advertised which leads me to the query but each to their own marketing strategies.

Thank you

NEIL