Sign in to follow this  
webbrent

Zimbabwe 100 Trillion Dollar Bricks of 100 Notes

webbrent

Hi,

I am looking for Bricks of 100 Trillion Dollars Notes in their bank bands.

Does anyone have stock of these? If so, please advise on price. I need them urgently.

Many Thanks,

Webbrent

RAJRULES1

I wanna be a trillionaire so freakin bad.......:laugh:

lilythepink
I wanna be a trillionaire so freakin bad.......:laugh:

But surely not with useless Zim dollars? :wondering:

dstorm

Hi

I have a banded bundle of 100 SOMEWHERE. AA Prefix. Total value 10 000 Trillion Dollars.

Should you still need it by Monday, please let me know. If I have found it by then I will list it after sending you a message. Price will be R2 200-00 (=R22-00 per note).

Regards

Jacques

webbrent

Hi Dstorm.

I managed to get some stock. But thanks.

Anyone want stock? :)

mellowred

Hi Jacques and Brent

Do you think the Zim Dollars will ever have a collectors value? They are a great novelty - I even bought a couple for my Aus friend - but how many are there and what will they be worth in say 50 years time?

Also how many other currencies have ever reached these ridiculous denominations?

It boggles my brain just thinking about trying to buy a loaf of bread and a bottle of milk and sorting out change from a million dollars :sowsuser::hm:

dstorm

Hello Mellowred

The Zimbabwe 100 Trillion Dollars note is the highest denomination ever used by any government ever.

I am not a banknote dealer, but I believe that they will never have any real value. There are more than what we are made to believe – all AA prefix.

On the other side, I have sold many as in many. First they sold at R100-00 each, now at a substantially lower price. Very often to very knowledgeable people who bought them with eyes wide open simply as a conversation piece / entertainment value.

I firmly believe that every household should have at least one…..

By the way, there is also a Zimbabwe 1c note! I sold a couple at R35-00 per note. I always made it clear to the buyers that they were being ripped of as far as the actually monetary value was concerned.

We as collectors are a strange bunch of people.

Regards

Jacques

PS: Perhaps, just perhaps Mr Mugabe might pass a law that states that the Zim Dollar is now equal to the US Dollar.

mellowred

Hi Jacques

I find the 1c note bit really fascinating. When were they printed? Hopefully not for change on the trillion dollar note LOL.

I bought a 20 billion, a 50 billion and a 10 trillion note. Purely for the entertainment value. And to prove how wealthy I am to an Aussie friend :grin:.

Other than Zim, what was the next highest denomination issued? And may I ask a stupid question ... why? My brain cell does not extend far enough to grasp how a currency with such a low value can exist.

Sorry for the questions, but it is all so interesting. I know you deal in stamps, but I think philately and numismatics are closely linked as you have to have a great interest in the history of both to be good at either(?).

You mention that they are all AA; does AA normally indicate a higher collectors value? Obviously not in the case of the poor Zim $ though.

If Mugabe does pass that law, I'll be at your doorstep begging to be your best friend. :biggrin:

Regards

Mandy

mellowred

I'm going to watch the end of this auction 9 minutes to go

Isn't the seller just trying his luck? We need to hear from some of the numismatists!

Don't think so Lil - 23 bids so far - started out at 99 cents.

dstorm

Hello all

This works out to less than R18-00 per note. Or less than R1 800-00 per hundred. I would not sell mine at this price.

Regards

Jacques

JPBon

And they sold for US $2,425.00

mellowred

Obviously the buyer read Jacques' comment about Robert's new law. :grin:

lilythepink
And they sold for US $2,425.00

I find even that figure amazing!

dstorm

Hello all

I hope you realise that this amount was for One Thousand notes!

Regards

Jcaques

Phan

Well exchange them for copper coins and then sell them as copper (not sure what is the latest price, but about a year ago it was R4500/kg).