Sign in to follow this  
RAJRULES1

NEGATIVE RATING versus SNC

RAJRULES1

I wonder how many sellers realise that when a buyer does not pay for an item, the seller usually waits a week and up to a month for payment before rating the buyer negative.

However, when an SNC is then done, the negative rating "dissapears" from the buyers profile until the SNC is complete and resolved. Due to this happening, it can take weeks if not more than a month before a buyer's profile starts displaying negative ratings. During this period, the buyer can carry numerous purchases with their "100% positive rating" without sellers realising that this buyer is a non-payer.

I am therefore actually begining to think that maybe a seller should give the buyer 5 days for payment before a negative rating be given and not do an SNC for low cost items. I will lose out on the BoB commission, but the Bad buyer will be exposed to everyone a lot quicker.

Any comments?:hm:

kebs

The down side to that would be that the buyer can then leave negative feedback for the seller.. If the SNC is done, then only the seller can leave feedback.. Having completed a ridiculous number of 75 SNC's in the last 3 months, I shudder to think what my profile would look like if even half of those buyers could leave feedback..:worried:

RAJRULES1

:grin:OK, so I see the positive side of this . Thanks Kebs.

lilythepink
The down side to that would be that the buyer can then leave negative feedback for the seller.. If the SNC is done, then only the seller can leave feedback.. Having completed a ridiculous number of 75 SNC's in the last 3 months, I shudder to think what my profile would look like if even half of those buyers could leave feedback..:worried:

Revenge ratings can be challenged though and with all the info provided, BoB weigh up the situation fairly and if you've received a revenge rating it will be removed and sent to outer space! It's always worth challenging revenge ratings!

Not1CentMore

Crystal ball shows 1 negative rating IF I leave 2 negative ratings.

Buyer bid/won auction 15th December. Parcel shipped 20th December. USPS / US Customs closed weekends and was closed 24th - 27th 2010 Christmas holiday and 31st - 03rd 2011 New Year holiday AND 13 states along Eastern Seaboard received heavy snow causing flight cancellation / delays for several days. Parcel did not arrive SA Customs until yesterday (15-business days). Buyer sent email 30th December inquiring as to why she had not received her parcel. Email reply with above info. She replied that if she had known it would take that long, she wouldn't have bid on it. (I send each buyer an update on status of their parcel / parcels regularly: when clears US Customs, when clears Cologne or London, when clears SA Customs and provide local tracking number within 24-hours of knowing what it is.)

In the meantime, she bid/won two other auctions and did not remit payment. SNC was filed. SNC is complete.

Should I leave less than positive feedback for the 2 bid/won/baled, she will, in turn leave a less than positive feedback for the item bid/won...for which payment WAS received.

Sometimes, methinks it is better to 'hold one's tongue (fingers)' than deal with a buyer 'madder than a cat trying to cover poop on a marble floor' for something THEY did / did not do than to have one's rating be impacted with a spiteful negative rating....even for the short time between when it was received and BoB reviewing 'everything' and it is removed.

lilythepink
Crystal ball shows 1 negative rating IF I leave 2 negative ratings.

Sometimes, methinks it is better to 'hold one's tongue (fingers)' than deal with a buyer 'madder than a cat trying to cover poop on a marble floor' for something THEY did / did not do than to have one's rating be impacted with a spiteful negative rating....even for the short time between when it was received and BoB reviewing 'everything' and it is removed.

What an apt description of a non-fulfilment buyer ... I can just imagine the cat and the marble floor! ROFL

brands online

I say File the SNC, rate negatively, hang the defaulters!

Having completed a ridiculous number of 75 SNC's in the last 3 months, I shudder to think what my profile would look like if even half of those buyers could leave feedback..:worried:

Have close to 200 SNC's completed in the last 3 months! :mad::disgusted:

Edited by brands online
forgot to pull a face

kebs

@brands - Do your buyers not bother to even respond to the SNC either?

Edited by kebs

brands online

Hi kebs,

Some do respond and pay. The figure of close to 200 are the ones who haven't paid!

kebs

Yikes!! None of mine ever bother to even respond..