Sign in to follow this  
lilythepink

Another rip off with postage and insurance ...

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Educational - FAIRIES ACTIVITY BOOK - ALL ABOUT NUMBERS for sale in Bloemfontein (ID:31215223)

Cuan and/or Andries - please could this be sorted out. This seller has several items on Crazy Wednesday next week and is clearly trying to recoup her selling costs from postage and insurance. Insurance at PO rates is 2% and she is charging 5%. Not on!

JPBon    10
JPBon

Just send to CW they sort it out

lilythepink    10
lilythepink
Just send to CW they sort it out

I did report to CW but the ad still stays the same. However, I have just noticed other items of hers have had postage decreased so perhaps she'll get to this one too.

Mad about Jack    10
Mad about Jack

Off the topic, what would an accepted minimum charge be for a parcel, registered and insured under 1kg ?

booksallsizes    10
booksallsizes

Well, PO rates are R 18,15 econoparcel (under 1kg) with 2% of value on top of that for insurance. Add to that all the wrapping etc. (which does add up). I charge R 22,00 for a 1kg parcel (not insured) but have no hassle paying up to about R 30,00 - R35,00 (without insurance) for a 1kg item, especially when the item is fragile. I tend not to want to pay that much for postage on a book, though, as it takes a little less packaging material than glass and/or other fragile items. But, if I really want it, I will :grin:

babyface2    10
babyface2

i must say some sellers does get away with murder when it comes to postage even if you report them they carry on week after week list one or two items under antiques and collectables wednesday auction only after auction has opened charges R99.00 postage for items under 1kg and as soon as there is a bid on the item closes it. reported this seller week after week but still nothing happens. this is blatant bypassing of bob fees and making money out of postage, the most amazing thing is that there is actually dummies out there that pay this amount.:hm:

lilythepink    10
lilythepink
i must say some sellers does get away with murder when it comes to postage even if you report them they carry on week after week list one or two items under antiques and collectables wednesday auction only after auction has opened charges R99.00 postage for items under 1kg and as soon as there is a bid on the item closes it. reported this seller week after week but still nothing happens. this is blatant bypassing of bob fees and making money out of postage, the most amazing thing is that there is actually dummies out there that pay this amount.:hm:

Just keep reporting to CW and, where it is appropriate, they do take action. Remember what Cuan said - there is a penalty payable by sellers to BoB when sellers try to rip the ring out of things with postage!

qball    11
qball

I think babyface2 is referring to a seller we have already investigated and we are satisfied with the amount being charged, considering the nature of breakable items and antiques the seller is selling. Would you prefer to get your antique vase in a million pieces or securely packaged?:wondering: