Sign in to follow this  
charmedheksie

Something doesnt feel right about this

charmedheksie

Hi Charmedheksie here

Whilst looking for a game to buy I came across this listing, I nearly bid on the item but decided to take a closer look first

http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/seller/1849423/MarksBids

Shooter - Brand New - Halo: Reach Xbox 360 Game - PAL - Works on all SA consoles. for sale in United Kingdom (ID:30928552)

The listing states no shipping fees and recorded mail delivery (Airsure) and that the package will take 5 - 7 working days to deliver. However his reply to a question states that there is no tracking on the packages.

He doesnt seem to be a verified seller and none of the payment methods go via BoB

If you look at the purchases that he/she has made it seems to be only to get his rating up as they are all small purchases, one of the items he/she purchased is to become able to RICA a person in South Africa.

Apologies upfront if I am wrong.

mellowred

He is obviously stating that he bypasses the customs duties - which I can't think is legal - but other forum members with international shipping experience will know about that.

Perhaps it's worth advising BoB via the CW button on the listing before bidding. They may be able to check something to find if the seller is legit or not.

Like you, I cannot understand a UK resident buying SA cell RICA forms :wondering:.

JPBon

Lets put it this way his 7 ratings are from buying some items at a total value of under R10

Nothing would induce me to go near any seller from overseas and those sort of purchases

JPBon

To the best of my knowledge only government approved establishments may RICA your cell

charmedheksie

I have reported this to CW. Thanks

JPBon

He also has his email address in listings

charmedheksie

Shoot I forgot to add that bit, I saw it in the listing as well.

JPBon

dont worry I did it

brands online
To the best of my knowledge only government approved establishments may RICA your cell

Not necessarily, the corner shop up the road from me RICA's as well

charmedheksie
Shoot I forgot to add that bit, I saw it in the listing as well.

Thank you

Guest Guest

Scammer from Canada...?

Seller: stephanie984 (no ratings)

See the hooks in BOB waters...: Items for sale from stephanie984 on bidorbuy.co.za

Item: Other Computers & Networking - aPad: Android Tablet PC,MID,Wifi, 7" TFT Touch Screen,Camera for sale in Canada (ID:33989226)

Price R1,100.00

Available Till: 12 Mar 18:15

Item Condition: New

Quantity Available: 10

Postage: StandardR35.00 for the first item

R25.00 each additional item

Where is this seller Located?: In Canada...

This seems to be one sly scammer...

Lastly... I am very sure that some (Most?) buyers used cash transfers (W. Union, Money Bookers etc.) and not PAYPAL. NO ratings yet...: http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/jsp/userprofile/RecentItemsSold.jsp?User_UserId=1170565

Edited by Edmund1000
Lastly...

Lukeness

At least Paypal is safer than Western Union and you can lodge a dispute so that they will reverse a transaction if you don't get the goods.

Guest Guest
At least Paypal is safer than Western Union and you can lodge a dispute so that they will reverse a transaction if you don't get the goods.

Alas... That is why I said: "I am very sure that some (Most?) buyers used cash transfers (W. Union, Money Bookers etc.) and not PAYPAL."

I'll watch that seller with a hawks eye...:suspicious:

Lukeness

Sorry, I misread. But it seems that PayPal is their only accepted method of payment.

Guest Guest
Sorry, I misread. But it seems that PayPal is their only accepted method of payment.

Hi

No problem :-)) Take a look at this...

stephanie984?

Say I buy all ten GPS pieces... How de hoener is it possible for ANY one to send those TEN [The prices are dirt cheap too!] seven inch GPS units in an insured, padded, well secured box from Canada to South Africa for only R260?

If this person is not a scammer I shall surely write an open apology here. That I promise.

Lastly... Ask that seller a few "innocent" questions please. I asked... She is as silent as a grave in a desert... I'm sure she has read these posts too...

PS Google: "stephanie984"

Edited by Edmund1000
are

Vegar
Lets put it this way his 7 ratings are from buying some items at a total value of under R10

Nothing would induce me to go near any seller from overseas and those sort of purchases

Amazing! I think this might be a new record on BoB! 6 purchases to the sum of R8.33 - LOL :laugh:

Definitely a man on a mission ... such meticulous dedication to stinginess ....

I also think that his shipping time is unrealistic.

Seeds for Africa
Hi

No problem :-)) Take a look at this...

stephanie984?

Say I buy all ten GPS pieces... How de hoener is it possible for ANY one to send those TEN [The prices are dirt cheap too!] seven inch GPS units in an insured, padded, well secured box from Canada to South Africa for only R260?

If this person is not a scammer I shall surely write an open apology here. That I promise.

Lastly... Ask that seller a few "innocent" questions please. I asked... She is as silent as a grave in a desert... I'm sure she has read these posts too...

Nothing being sold on bob is the same as the sellers website. Very suspect. Could be a case that the so called Stephanie984 is someone else using her name. I agree with you - very suspect.

Seeds for Africa

Paypal not as safe as you think. If the buyer is Paypal verified, then they will offer buyer protection. If not verified, I am pretty sure they dont offer buyer protection.

ATA STAMP CENTRE
Amazing! I think this might be a new record on BoB! 6 purchases to the sum of R8.33 - LOL :laugh:

Definitely a man on a mission ... such meticulous dedication to stinginess ....

I also think that his shipping time is unrealistic.

In my opinion definitely looks suspect-Listing actually reminds me of another U .K. scammer???

Guest Guest
Hi

stephanie984?

Negative rating: Comment: I have sent numerous emails to this seller to find out what the tracking number of my 2 items (payed being of March 2011) to no avail by kit10za (4)

1x1_trans.gifNegative rating for Hello Kitty Quartz Movement Wrist Crystal Wat... 23 Mar 2011 Comment: I have sent numerous emails to this seller to find out what the tracking number of my 2 items (payed being of March 2011) to no avail

by kit10za (4)

BOB said nothting about this as yet... (I surely did contact them about this... Some time ago... ~Frowns~ )

Seeds for Africa
BOB said nothting about this as yet... (I surely did contact them about this... Some time ago... ~Frowns~ )

Am amazed... the seller is still selling, and yet the only ratings are the two neg's!!!

Guest Guest
Am amazed... the seller is still selling, and yet the only ratings are the two neg's!!!

Hallo Gamu! :-)

Love your point... See my drift... ~Winks~

admin

Edmund1000 posted about this seller on the 13th, seller was restricted from listing more items on the 14th, documentation received on the 18th.

Seller is still restricted from listing items, which will not be visible to users.