Sign in to follow this  
mrspagel

Is this a variety?????

mrspagel

Hi, I'm reasonably new to stamp collecting - Can anybody please help me with the following :

1. Stamp with huge "mark" on left hand side - Groot Constantia stamp - Is this a variety or just an ink drop???? Is it worth more than the cat. value?

2. SACC 795 - 1.4.1993 additional value to definitive issue. Control block 2320, 2321, 2322, 2323. Date 1.4.1992???? Is this correct - was this

printed a year earlier to issue date? Any extra value?

I'm new to the forum as well - have downloaded 2 thumbnails but not sure what i'm doing or if it will show on this thread.

mellowred

Hi mrspagel

Welcome to the forum, I know nothing about stamps so am worthless in that regard.

But just have to let you know that nothing, that is n o t h i n g is ever worth more than the cat :grin:.

I'll leave the stamp question of one of the fundi's.

Regards

Mandy

donovink

2. SACC 795 - 1.4.1993 additional value to definitive issue. Control block 2320, 2321, 2322, 2323. Date 1.4.1992???? Is this correct - was this

printed a year earlier to issue date? Any extra value?

I would suggest that the SACC listed date of issue may be wrong rather than your control block date. It would not be the first error of this type I have found in the SACC

mrspagel

Thank you for the info.

RISadler

As to the 4c, keep it as a "printing error variety".

As to the control block... I'm not into these, so just check other blocks.

ATA STAMP CENTRE

HI

The 4c constantia looks like a printing flaw and is collectible but often overlooked by the purists.Not of tremendous value as there were many minor flaws on these issues.

The control blocks are all dated 1992-04-01-which is correct as date of printing and issue.The fdc 5.22.1 for this additional stamp was issued on 1993- 04-01 and the SACC used this date incorrectly in the catalogue to describe the issue date of the control.So the control blocks are not scarce in anyway as they all have this date 1992-04-01-

neil

mrspagel

Thank you very much for the info - made note in my catalogue.

dstorm

Hello all

There is a very interesting article in the S.A. Philatelist of December 2010 about this issue.

The stamp was indeed printed in 1992 and then stockpiled. It was issued in 1993.

Thanks and regards

Jacques

mrspagel

Hello Jacques,

Do you any info on the Groot Constantia stamp?