Sign in to follow this  
bigv1978

Macaws for sale and the seller says that BoB allows this.

bigv1978

Q

Hi

Unusual Items - RARE COLLECTABLE MACAWS - SET OF 2 - TAXIDERMY for sale in Johannesburg (ID:30273250)

know the you are not allowed to auction of any animals on Bid or buy? - Asked by bigv1978 (120 rating3.gif)

03 Jan 15:03

A

Hi there biqv1978,

Again, thank you for the concern and interest.

However, all the taxidermy items on auction have been cleared with the Bidorbuy Online Security people and are therefor indeed allowed to be auctioned.

What is not allowed to be auctioned are live animals, birds or mammals.

Thank you for the concern in any case.

Regards,

03 Jan 15:44

There are about another 4 auctions from the same seller

Here are also some puppies for sale

Dogs - English Bulldog puppies for sale in Pietersburg / Polokwane (ID:30963810)

JPBon

As far as I know only live pets are not allowed to be auctioned, I dont see what is wrong here

kebs

You're correct JP, it's only live animals that may not be auctioned.. As for the puppies, the listing, unless it's been altered, is also OK, as they are listed as a buy-it-now, which is allowed..

P.S. Who would have thought people would bid so high for stuffed animals?! No offence intended to anyone...

admin

Hi bigv1978,

As JP said :wink:

Puppies are allowed to be sold with a buy now, auctions are not allowed.

bigv1978

Thanks for the explanation

JPBon

you are welcome

MsPlod

Not sure whether anyone looked at all the items this trader is selling - a couple of unique items being sold on two separate auctions... rather intriguing!

mellowred
Not sure whether anyone looked at all the items this trader is selling - a couple of unique items being sold on two separate auctions... rather intriguing!

Nice to see you back MsPlod.:smile:

Could be a "promotional category" listing. You pay R5 to list in an extra category.

amcintyre
Hi bigv1978,

Puppies are allowed to be sold with a buy now, auctions are not allowed.

So, just to double check, one could auction one's puppies if they were stuffed and made into a taxidermy display? Could one offer the option of a "buy now" for the puppy alive, or place a bet for the puppy to be stuffed and contorted?

I'm just kidding :razz: No flames please!

The most disgusting thing I have ever seen was a complete litter of kittens and the mother kitten stuffed, for sale in a local art gallery.

kyle2

I can understand such a thing displayed in a museum or such like type of display, but I would never entertain putting a dead stuffed animal in my house.

Thats just morbidly creepyfying (to quote Malcom Reynolds from the Firefly series).:worried:

lilythepink

Passing through (a very, very hot) Oudtshoorn on our way home yesterday, we came across roadside sellers selling half ostrich eggs with stuffed (yes, dead) chickens peeking out the top of them. Now, I wonder how many tourists would buy such gross items? And would they be able to take them overseas what with all the restrictions because of bird-flu, etc?

The Beak wouldn't even look at the poor little stuffed chickens around Oudtshoorn. Perhaps that's why he's resting up so much today after that traumatic experience of seeing what happened to his distant relatives!

Edited by lilythepink

booksallsizes
Passing through (a very, very hot) Oudtshoorn on our way home yesterday, we came across roadside sellers selling half ostrich eggs with stuffed (yes, dead) chickens peeking out the top of them. Now, I wonder how many tourists would buy such gross items? And would they be able to take them overseas what with all the restrictions because of bird-flu, etc?

The Beak wouldn't even look at the poor little stuffed chickens around Oudtshoorn. Perhaps that's why he's resting up so much today after that traumatic experience of seeing what happened to his distant relatives!

I've seen those too... And I wonder what sort of person would actually buy them. Macabre and rather disturbing... I worked once (very briefly) with ostriches and the little chicks die very very easily and for no apparent reason (no matter how hard you try) so I can only hope that these stuffed chicks are those that died of 'natural ' causes... Well, I hope so - like to keep my head buried in the sand... :worried: