Sign in to follow this  
DestinysAngels

My Destiny Just Choked!

DestinysAngels
Hi Lily. My youngest Labby (11 months) also scratches like mad. Her tails sections doens't have any hair anymore. She's been on cortizone as the vet says she will outgrow her scratching. I spary her constantly with Frontline but it's still not helping. You seem to possibly have a remedy?

:wondering:Cortizone is known to let dogs hair fall out if used continuously. Shelly were on it when she was alot younger and she was worse off so i took her off of it and she seemed to do better without it. Take your dog for a second opinion regarding the cortizone, i don't think it is good for their health to be on it for too long either and then try Janet's remedy. I will let everyone know how she does on it!

DestinysAngels
DA - am so happy that your child is okay - what an awful fright you must have had. Incredible how resilient animals can be - that she was happy and playing so soon after her ordeal...

I agree that vet's bills are exorbitant.... If it weren't for that, I would happily fill my house with even more animals.

Newly-qualified vets too, should do a period of internship before setting up practice (no doubt they'd not like this suggestion), spaying, neutering and vaccinating for welfare organisations so that the only cost would be drugs and materials. This would certainly help keep animal numbers down and they would be giving to the community before starting out on their high-fee careers :cheesy:

If this ever became a reality, I would stop my muttering whenever I have to pay a bill....

:grin:Thanks B, it was scary that much i can tell you, i have just given her a bath and she is sitting on my lap sleeping at the moment. She is such a sweetie, my hubby bought me a pup for Christmas and i said to him i would have died if this happened to him and i doubt if he would have survived such an ordeal. I will never, ever will i give my dogs this type of thing to chew again and you know i never liked it cause my gut told me it just does not look safe. Next time i will listen to myself and not others who clearly know nothing. I am getting the X-Ray cut onto a CD on Monday and if you guys like i will put it on here to show you how it looked inside her tum-tum, i just hope no-one else ever have to go through something like this, it is very scary to say the least!

lilythepink
My father has an ex-guide dog that he rescued (one that slipped through the Guide Dog Association's system, for some reason - they were horrified that it happened because they're brilliant at keeping tabs on the dogs but are happy now that it has all ended well) - she scratches non-stop, all day long too. Can't bear it. She's also on medication, she knows her own way to the vet by now, she's been so often but nothing seems to help.

Lily, could you maybe put your remedy up for sale? I would really really appreciate it - would be fabulous to give the poor pooch some relief.....

Anyone who is interested in trying my anti-itch remedy for dogs and cats (all natural products, including two herbal tinctures) is welcome to PM me and I will put up a special listing for you. Cost for a sample will be R15.00 plus R20.00 for postage. If you find it works well on your dog or cat, then you can order larger quantities from me anytime as I make it up myself.

Miss Jewels

Hi DA

Have sent Janet a PM and awaiting her magic potion on BoB. The cortizone was a 10 day course: 3 pills per day for 5 days, 2 pills per day for 3 days and 1 pill per day for 2 days. I have not given her a second dosage as I'm not a fan of cortizone, whether it be animals or humans. I'm first going to try Janets remedy and see. Vet consultation R495.00 plus injection and pills ended up being R950.00. I don't mind paying this if it helps, but it's always "bring her back if there is no difference....." but sorry, you'll have to pay again. I'm so glad you started this thread and I believe all animal lovers will really benefit here.

:wondering:Cortizone is known to let dogs hair fall out if used continuously. Shelly were on it when she was alot younger and she was worse off so i took her off of it and she seemed to do better without it. Take your dog for a second opinion regarding the cortizone, i don't think it is good for their health to be on it for too long either and then try Janet's remedy. I will let everyone know how she does on it!

lilythepink

I have posted special listings for DA and BAZ and I sincerely hope that my anti-itch remedy will help the dogs you are worried about. If it does work, you are welcome to contact me to purchase larger quantities. The nice thing about my remedy is that it is not very oily, is natural products, and does wash out of the hair easily.

Miss Jewels

Oh my goodness DA and LTP. I'm totally furious. Took my labbies in today for sterilization and was quoted about R3000.00 as I wanted X-rays done too. I called in at 2.30 to find out how my kiddies were and was only given info on Mieke (2 year old) It took 3 phone calls and 3 different stories from the receptionists and a refusal to speak to the sister on duty to find out Nala (5 years) is in ICU and that she was preggies. I nearly went mad. I knew she was not mated as they never go out of my yard without a leash. Needless to say I jumped in my car and got to the vet in 5 mins. The *(&^%$ then had the cheek to tell me I'm very antagonistic. Hang, what did he expect. I firstly got knocked with a R5000.00 bill, had to pay up front without knowing if Nala was ok (so I refused and only paid Mieke's account) then got told there were complicactions with the surgery on Nala due to a previous op (which they did when she had her C-section) When I pointed this out, I was told I'm in an attackative mood. She started bleeding heavily under surgery and the op then became major surgery. Then the vet has the audacity to tell me I should be happy they're not charging me the actual price for the surgery!

Nala has been a patient since her birth, and when I had her there October 2010 I also spoke about her "limping" I was told she is overweight! As I requested X-rays today because she's no better, I was today informed that she has the worst case of hip dysplasia they've ever seen in a labby. Plus she has a slight degree of artheritis. How could they have overlooked this? She has been seen them on a regular basis!

He then sent both kids home, Mieke being fine, but Nala falls all over the place and even looks like she's just aged with 5 years. I so want to grab a vet around the neck....and its not because I like him......

My kids sleeping on the duvet now and I'm watching them like a hawk.

Sorry for going off like this, but I needed it. Janet, thanks so much for your "magic" Mieke is starting to look much better.

Hope it made sense to you? Can we start an anti-veterinary bills campaign? LOL
Edited by Miss Jewels

lilythepink

Good golly Miss Molly but your vet is surely having a ball with you! Do you know that once you have calmed down you can report him to the SA Veterinary Council (SAVA) if you feel he/they have been neglectful. From what you have to say, I would also be "attackative" and complaining!

Am thrilled to hear that the "medicinal compound" is working on Mieke. Any report-backs from the others who got some from me?

Miss Jewels, I hope that Mieke and Nala are much better today! And about the hip displasia - I would definitely get a second opinion from another veterinary practice! Just ask the first vet for the X-Rays they did - you've paid for them - and take them to the "second opinion" veterinary practice - will save you the cost of having more X-Rays done!

Edited by lilythepink

booksallsizes

Hi Lily - trying to get hold of my dad to see how the potion is doing. I will be seeing him this weekend (N & I are taking my folks for weekend getaway in Tsitsikamma forest - can't wait!) so he can give me an update then.

Is the stronger lotion available yet? My old dog is starting an itchy muzzle so want to nip that in the bud as soon as I can...

Miss Jewels - I would go to another veterinary practice - can't believe that they could not see hip dysplasia much earlier, especially if it's as severe as they say. And a second opinion is a brilliant idea - your present vets do not inspire diagnostic confidence, there's a chance that they've got it entirely wrong.

lilythepink
Hi Lily - trying to get hold of my dad to see how the potion is doing. I will be seeing him this weekend (N & I are taking my folks for weekend getaway in Tsitsikamma forest - can't wait!) so he can give me an update then.

Is the stronger lotion available yet? My old dog is starting an itchy muzzle so want to nip that in the bud as soon as I can...

Miss Jewels - I would go to another veterinary practice - can't believe that they could not see hip dysplasia much earlier, especially if it's as severe as they say. And a second opinion is a brilliant idea - your present vets do not inspire diagnostic confidence, there's a chance that they've got it entirely wrong.

Am still waiting on the two additional herbs so I can make the stronger anti-itch cream! Will post here when it has been made - towards the end of the month, I am hoping!

DestinysAngels

Hi Jan, i will be fetching my potion tommorrow and update you once i have tried it, thank you so much again!:love:

lilythepink
Hi Jan, i will be fetching my potion tommorrow and update you once i have tried it, thank you so much again!:love:

Thanks - I appreciate all feedback! Must say that 95% of it is positive and it's because of the other 5% that I developed the "stronger" anti-itch potion. Am still waiting for the additional two herbs to arrive but, hopefully, will have the stronger potion made by the end of the month or beginning of February.

MrAerospace

I hope that Nala is making a good recovery and that all is well in your home again, Miss Jewels.

Miss Jewels

Hi MrA. Nala is not quite yet her old self. I'm still having a problem with her eating but am giving her chicken and rice at the moment. Also mixing this with her pellets. What's more concerning is the fact that she's forever digging herself a hole in which to "hide" and this is so not her. She has dug a huge hole under the caravan and this is her "hiding place". Looks for continuous attention and spends her day lying by my feet at the PC. Am monitoring her and she also sees the vet again on 31 to have stitches removed. As the vet explained, she had major surgery and will take longer to heal that the standard sterilization she was supposed to have had. Mieke is up and about and swimming, jumping and being her old self already. Not making it easy for Nala at all.

I hope that Nala is making a good recovery and that all is well in your home again, Miss Jewels.

DestinysAngels

:love:Thanks so much Jan, i received my potion, i am going to bath Shelley and start the course, i will let you know asa i tried it for a week or so, much love, DA!

lilythepink
:love:Thanks so much Jan, i received my potion, i am going to bath Shelley and start the course, i will let you know asa i tried it for a week or so, much love, DA!

Great. Now let's see how things go. Just remember to massage the potion well into the skin!

DestinysAngels
Great. Now let's see how things go. Just remember to massage the potion well into the skin!

Will do!:grin: