Sign in to follow this  
Mr Bargain G

How can I get my buyers to rate me?

Mr Bargain G    10
Mr Bargain G

Hello again

I have sold some items just before Xmas. I send them out via Speed Service, free of charge and even before the funds clear, just so that the buyers could get them before Xmas day and to build up a reputation and relationship with my customers, But for some reason I can not get 3 out of 4 of them to rate me. I have send emails and messages via BoB asking them if they where happy and to please give me a rating but to no avail.

What can one do to get buyers to rate you?:evil:

Vinyl Lady Decals    10
Vinyl Lady Decals

Welcome to the forum.

This is a tough one that we all have problems with.

There are no easy answers.

BoB does send out an automated emails on Sundays reminding buyers and sellers to rate each other and I have found that most people wait for that email before rating.

In my experience, I have about 30% non-ratings, 10-15% of that is due to SNC's and the rest just don't rate the seller.

I think many buyers do not realise the importance of ratings for sellers and some that do like to use it as a blackmail tool.

All you can really do is be patient, because at some point they will start to rate you.

Maybe you should buy a few items to increase your ratings in the meantime, I don't mean buying ratings - that's unethical, but buy genuine items you are interested in with the added bonus of getting some ratings.

Good luck

sungems    10
sungems

Just give it a little time. It X-mas!!! Maybe they are on holiday and will get to that upon their return

retailrush    10
retailrush

Yes - I agree with Sungems. It is Christmas and a lot of people are still on holiday and only log on to Bid or Buy from their work computers... So give it another week. If you still don't receive ratings, just send a friendly e-mail to say you are doing a follow up to make sure that they are happy with the items they purchased from you and if so - would they please not forget to rate you on Bid or Buy (pointing out also that you have already rated them). Also, put a "read receipt" on the e-mail and that way you will be notified when they open your e-mail...

Good luck!

Mr Bargain G    10
Mr Bargain G

Wow, thx Tanaka, Sungems and RetailRush...:grin: I thought that was a dumb question to ask (don't really want to appear ignorant :oops:) But it seems there is a lot of sellers with that same problem...

Thanks again.