Sign in to follow this  
Mr Bargain G

Advice needed on postage rate please

Mr Bargain G    10
Mr Bargain G

Hello everyone

I would really appreciate some advice on what I should be charging for postage. I want to sell 6 disc DVD Cases on Crazy Wednesday's, Snap Friday's and Weekend Specials.

As far as I know the Rates at SAPO is about R 19,50 for something as light as a DVD case, but no-one will pay so much for a DVD case.

Does one of the experienced sellers here have any advice on what would be reasonable?

Vinyl Lady Decals    10
Vinyl Lady Decals

A friend of mine has sold DVD and CD cases on BoB.

She found that people are unlikely to buy only one, but prefer to buy in bulk.

If they buy in bulk, the SAPO rates are fine, just remember to add packaging etc onto your rates unless you get those for free.

sungems    10
sungems

I (and other gemstone sellers) am selling gemstone for as low as R1 and most average R10 –R25 but shipment is R32. Although the post office charge (depending on postage method is R19.50 you still need to pay for the envelope and packaging material. We o this as a business and we need to include other postage cost as well, such as transport, employee time needed to pack and transport and post the parcels. But you need to decide what you want to ask for postage. If it is just a couple of things you want to get ride off postage depends on how eager you are to sell them

Mr Bargain G    10
Mr Bargain G
A friend of mine has sold DVD and CD cases on BoB.

She found that people are unlikely to buy only one, but prefer to buy in bulk.

If they buy in bulk, the SAPO rates are fine, just remember to add packaging etc onto your rates unless you get those for free.

That actualy makes sense, I think I will make up sets of 3, 6, 10 etc. Thanks you are so helpful:grin:

Mr Bargain G    10
Mr Bargain G
I (and other gemstone sellers) am selling gemstone for as low as R1 and most average R10 –R25 but shipment is R32. Although the post office charge (depending on postage method is R19.50 you still need to pay for the envelope and packaging material. We o this as a business and we need to include other postage cost as well, such as transport, employee time needed to pack and transport and post the parcels. But you need to decide what you want to ask for postage. If it is just a couple of things you want to get ride off postage depends on how eager you are to sell them

Thank Sungems, I think that will work great with what Tanaka suggested of selling in bulk. I am so surprised that there is so many helpful people here. I would have thought that it is so competitive that people won't be eager to help others, but this is really refreshing... :grin: