Sign in to follow this  
tinytotz2007

Xbox360, extremely cheap compared to stores

tinytotz2007

Hi everyone,

I recently purchased a Xbox360 on BOB, but it has been bothering me.

The title of the item didn't state anything of the Kinect add-on being included, however the item description does.

Here is a the link to the item: Xbox 360 - MICROSOFT XBOX 360 4GB GAME CONSOLE for sale (ID:30011096)

The Kinect alone costs R1999 in stores.

I just thought I have to order it now since it is cheap and everyone might just get a great deal before I do.

I have noticed that the shop only re-opens 6 January and tried to phone the sellers number just to make sure that the item description is correct, but phone just rings. The seller appears to be a business called 'Digital All Sorts', and on their website this item has the same description and price : 4GB Hard Drive, Built In WI-FI, Kinect Ready

The 250GB version is also cheaper than normal and also includes the Kinetic according to the description : 250 GB hard drive, Built-in Wi-fi, Kinect sensor

Xbox 360 - MICROSOFT XBOX 360 250GB GAME CONSOLE for sale (ID:30010841)

My question is, if the item doesn't have the right description would I be to file a SNC? I'm trying not to get any negative ratings from sellers :grin:

Sorry if I didn't post this in the right place, but just some insight would be appreciated.

Thanks

kebs

Hmm... The description is a bit confusing.. It doesn't specify that it comes with the kinect, but goes on to describe the sensor.. You can always try asking the seller through the ask seller a question tab - they may be closed, but might log on to check questions / sales. It's doubtful though at that price that it comes with the kinect..

tinytotz2007
Hmm... The description is a bit confusing.. It doesn't specify that it comes with the kinect, but goes on to describe the sensor.. You can always try asking the seller through the ask seller a question tab - they may be closed, but might log on to check questions / sales. It's doubtful though at that price that it comes with the kinect..

Yeah it is confusing... see in the description it has "What you get: " and the lists :

Kinect Sensor

Built-in Wifi

Xbox Live

Xbox 360 Console

More Ports

Kinect Adventures (which is the game that comes with the kinect sensor)

If it doesn't have the Kinect Sensor, I don't want it

RAJRULES1

:worried:Sorry to burst bubbles here but there are signs that has my spidey sense tingling::hm:

(1) New seller with loads of high priced items.

(2) Not many ratings yet and it seems that the one positive rating received has been done even before buyer receiving the item.

(3) Shop closed for 3 weeks, which means that they don't have to answer any calls or field any questions about delivery until the 6 Jan (which will be toooo late if people already pay.

(4) Multiple high value items of the same kind available

(5) Very cheap prices (which can be classified as a bargain) but no way to determine if items are in stock

(6) Has 100% positive ratings yet only one rating received, which is misleading.

I am not saying that this is not a genuine seller, but I have learnt to be cautious over the years on BoB, especially this past year. I hope my feelings are wrong here.:thinking: and I apologise to the seller in advance if I am incorrect.

admin

Hi All,

This is one of bidorbuy's Trade Feed sellers :wink:

tinytotz2007

Ah thats great to know :smile1: I haven't paid yet, just in case the description is wrong. Will just have to wait for the seller to get back on 6 Jan. Really think it might be a mistake in the description, but you never know :toung:

tinytotz2007

Damn... turns out it was excluding the Kinect. The description is a bit confusing.

It is a great seller though. Very friendly on phone.

Waiting SNC to be filed now

RAJRULES1

According to my interpretation, the Kinect (whatever that is ) is included and to me this is very clear from reading the ad.:worried:

tinytotz2007

Seller now giving me a negative rating. Saying I didn't reply to emails or phone calls. NEVER GOT ANY EMAIL OR PHONE CALLS!!! Like I said in previous post, I phoned them and told them to file SNC because of a wrong description and if they want to fight, I took a screenshot of the description before it got changed now, somehow knew this was going to happen. Can a buyer file a SNC or is it only the seller?

MsPlod
Seller now giving me a negative rating. Saying I didn't reply to emails or phone calls. NEVER GOT ANY EMAIL OR PHONE CALLS!!! Like I said in previous post, I phoned them and told them to file SNC because of a wrong description and if they want to fight, I took a screenshot of the description before it got changed now, somehow knew this was going to happen. Can a buyer file a SNC or is it only the seller?

Sadly, only the seller can initiate an SNC. What you can do however is write (with all details) to hello@bidorbuy.co.za and explain the problem (include the link to this thread). Good luck!