Sign in to follow this  
DestinysAngels

Fireworks and your Dog!

DestinysAngels    10
DestinysAngels

:angel:Play soft music to your doggies when the fireworks start let them lay next to you, mine cannot be phased with the fireworks when i do this, try it, it works, the trick is don't look worried and dance with them too, they love it and so do i and the kisses i get is oh so sweet! I really wish they will ban the darn things, i am thinking of those poor babies who don't have no-where to hide or turn when this happens. Dogs can hear fireworks long before you can, not nice!

BumbleBabe    10
BumbleBabe

That is so true, but mine sits out side with us when it starts. We do buy the stuff but it is all around us. I am lucky that mine dont mind so much.

DestinysAngels    10
DestinysAngels

It rained here last night, right up till about 11h00 or so, the crackers started late, after 12h00 and may i say it was not that bad, with the thunder and the crackers going together it went pretty well. Looks like the people here is after all in favour of our animals. Makes me happy, just hope all the doggies were closely snug with their owners.

Heres to all the animals all over! May all of you who aren't adopted and the ones who are have a WOOF of a Year!:love:

eZethu Coins    10
eZethu Coins
:angel:Play soft music to your doggies when the fireworks start let them lay next to you, mine cannot be phased with the fireworks when i do this, try it, it works, the trick is don't look worried and dance with them too, they love it and so do i and the kisses i get is oh so sweet! I really wish they will ban the darn things, i am thinking of those poor babies who don't have no-where to hide or turn when this happens. Dogs can hear fireworks long before you can, not nice!

Some people are fools and will always be - I have an imbecile neighbor that cannot understand that he is not above the law - fireworks is outlawed in the Nelson Mandela Metro where we stay - unless you have a permit - which cannot be obtained for the area where we stay. The $%^&*@#!!! ignored a friendly request a few weeks ago to refrain from the use of fireworks, but ignored the request. Now I have obtained some advice from Animal Welfare and the local police - surprise for him next time.

babyface2    10
babyface2

i also wish all fireworks will be banned. my poor doggies hates thunder just imagine them when there is fire works. luckily we live in an area where there seems to be sensible people.