Sign in to follow this  
Little Miss Muffet

Here we go again!!

Little Miss Muffet

On 8th Dec I sold an item.

When I have had a number of sales i.e. round Wed crazy I will check payments to my account and write down the reference and check back to my sales page to rate the buyer and update my sales to Paid not shipped.

One of the order numbers did not tie up so I thought someone had perhaps paid it to my account in error.

7 Days go by and Iwas about to file an SNC on a sale that went unpaid but thought twice about it. This is when I will actually go and look for that amount on my account and take the order number down just in case he had paid and lo and behold there it was with an incorrect digit.

This is when I get frantic and make sure it goes off within the hour if possible

I now have a neutral rating for late delivery. I have emailed the user and explained what happened and asked him to respond to the email.

No response.By now I think everyone knows I hate being ignored--I hate it with a passion.

His fault not mine.

kebs

It's precisely for that reason that after 4/5 days, I send a reminder email to the buyer stating that I cannot find or track payment, & if they have paid, to please let me know what they used as a reference.. 99.9% don't reply, the others come up with lame excuses.. I had one buyer who got very rude with me when I filed an SNC - he had paid, but incorrect order number - totally different! Thankfully he never bothered to leave any feedback at all, but I learnt then that everything is the seller's fault & we must use our psychic powers to figure things out! :suspicious: Hence my new policy of sending a reminder email..

JPBon

Thats why I said no thanks.

mellowred

What about the people who transfer money to your account and use your name or your company name as your reference :sowsuser::rolleyes::huh:

I'm not referring to BoB in particular here, just generally. I have several clients and reconciling bank statements can be a real nightmare.

ATA STAMP CENTRE

HI

Yes mellowred,strange how often that happens as buyers put our own sellers name as reference?-The other one they use is "bob purchase"duh!!And all i ask is the buyers bob user id as reference as thats the easiest for me.

NEIL

mellowred
HI

Yes mellowred,strange how often that happens as buyers put our own sellers name as reference?-The other one they use is "bob purchase"duh!!And all i ask is the buyers bob user id as reference as thats the easiest for me.

NEIL

It all comes back to reading. What is so complicated about "the reference that will appear on the beneficiary's statement"

I wonder how they cope with their own bank statements - they most likely have a lot of payments to "Self" ... LOL

JPBon

I wish all payments were to myself....maybe they are hoping the money comes back.

brands online

I have these experiences constantly too, but the craziest was a buyer who didn't pay. After I filed the SNC and buyer was found at fault, she makes a cash deposit into my account with "MERCY" as a reference. I couldn't trace the payment. She then mails me 2 weeks later (first communication ever) saying it was her payment and says she thought I'd be merciful to her, Bwahahahaha! Needless to say, I was...:cheesy:

Asha Craft Jewellery

I used to get so many of these.. Usually with reference 'Bidorbuy' or something to that extent. Somewhere on your statement the payment will show either the branch the cash deposit was made, or if it's an EFT, you can phone the bank to ask the name of the person that made the transfer. They actually do give out that info. But yes I know, this takes atleast 15mins PER payment, and if all else fails I call the buyers to ask if they paid. Many times this ended up with huge telephone bills on my side. But that's just how I roll.... LOL :razz:

Then I decided to just completely remove my banking details from all emails and from the BOB website. Now they HAVE to pay bidorbuy directly and if the reference is incorrect it's their own problem. The checkout pages have been made abundantly CLEAR on which reference to use and the amount to pay.