Sign in to follow this  
booksallsizes

Charity Sellers

booksallsizes

Hi Admin/Cuan

I have a problem that pops up now and again with selling for Books Etc. As it is a charity, there are no success fees payable (which we love you for!) and thus am unable to file an SNC. I do get people who don't pay or communicate and would like to file SNC's just in order to be able to cancel the sale and be safe in the knowledge that there will be no revenge rating against Books Etc. Also, I feel that these people should get a negative rating from us but am scared to rate negatively in case of backlash from a nasty buyer. Is there any way we can file SNC's but only with a 'cancel the sale' option? Because I can't cancel the sale (is there perhaps another way of doing so?) I tend not to list the item again for a while in case the buyer suddenly decides to pay long after the fact. I also can't then offer the book to the underbidder for the same reason. Just wondering what can be done....

Thank you

Victoria

qball

Unfortunately the system cannot do this. SNC's are only for fee credits. Should a buyer revenge rate you, please contact the support team and they can check it out and if need be, remove the rating.

booksallsizes

Thanks, Cuan - I need to stop pussyfooting around these non-payers. Will contact the team should the need arise.

RAJRULES1

Hey Booksallsizes

Maybe include in your listing a standard clause that state in big bold letters that bids not payed for after 48 hours will be relisted. In this way you will have a valid case if the late payer decides to take you up or rates you negatively. You can be nice, but emphasize the rules upfront.:grin:

booksallsizes

Good idea. I'll even give buyers more time (am very charitable :biggrin:), but I get a little miffed when more than a few days go by. Luckily this doesn't happen often... but when it does it annoys me alot! I mean, it's for a great cause, the buyer gets to contribute 100% of the proceeds and gets a nice book in the bargain.

But I reckon your suggestion is great - then there can't be any comeback - thanks, Raj.