Sign in to follow this  
JPBon

Forum Dictionary

JPBon

Hi Mr MacMuffels

Is there any possibility that the forum dictionary could be a UK one and not an American.

MacMuffin
Hi Mr MacMuffels

Is there any possibility that the forum dictionary could be a UK one and not an American.

As far as I know (the forum elf is on vacation), the spell-checker (iespell) will only work in IE and by installing a separate plugin for IE. There should be an option for UK selection (I am using Safari / Firefox on OS X and both have built-in spellchecks).

JPBon

Okie dokie, I just spotted the little thing at the bottom that said us dictionary....Im on Firefox so should be ok then

booksallsizes

JP - that's exactly what I was thinking this morning! Tired of little red squiggles below words that I know are spelled correctly. Should be able to sort that out too - thanks!

booksallsizes

I can't... US the only option *sigh*.

MacMuffin
I can't... US the only option *sigh*.

The "-- English (US)" option at the bottom is only for the localisation of the forum (i.e. display buttons and standard text of the forum software) and has nothing to do with any spell-checker. If you run Internet Explorer you will see a spell-check icon in the quick-reply/reply toolbar and you need to install a plugin for IE.

Most modern browsers nowadays do support spell-check out of the box. I don't see any option in our forum software to enable any built-in spell-check and I doubt that the installing any other locale for the forum would solve this (I would think, that this depends on your computers locale).

RISadler

My "Pocket Oxford Dictionary" is English...:grin: