Sign in to follow this  
Pugly

To much fodder going around.

Pugly    10
Pugly

Why is it that more and more sellers are listing items, then stating after the auction "sorry not in stock"

Or, once the auction is closed stating " sorry there was a listing error" only to sell it again later.

Yet the buyer has paid for these items.

The buyer then has to battle to have there money refunded, going through a lot of correspondence, basically begging to have there money refunded,

sometimes also having to deal with the sellers not to refined remarks.

Is there no protection for buyers, cause quite frankly the channels one has to follow is not working.

I for one enjoy BOB, but lately there is to much fodder going around.:sowsuser:

Vinyl Lady Decals    10
Vinyl Lady Decals

Hi Pugly

This is not allowed, BoB's terms and conditions state that a seller must have items in stock or be an authorised dropshipper.

The list of authorised dropshippers is very short.

If you see any sellers like like, please report it to community watch so they can investigate.

Pugly    10
Pugly

Thanx, but these are not dropshippers I am referring to, I personally stay away from that nonsence since allast only had head aches.:rolleyes:

SUNMASTER    10
SUNMASTER

In order to promote a safe, fair and enjoyable trading experience for all users, bidorbuy has established a set of listing policies.

This Listing Policy is mentioned in clause 4.4.4 of the Terms and Conditions of Use of this Site and must be adhered to by all users:

1.4. Listing of items where the Seller is not physically in possession of the goods for sale (for example listing an item as a "pre-order" or where the seller's shipment has not yet arrived). This excludes Sellers operating on a "dropship" or consignment basis where the Seller has a proven track record and an established relationship with a supplier that ships directly to their Buyers. Permission needs to be obtained from bidorbuy and approval is entirely at the discretion of bidorbuy.

RISadler    10
RISadler

And what about all the "trade feeds" (or whatever it's called)?

qball    11
qball

Trade feed partners are excluded.

RAJRULES1    10
RAJRULES1

Every person importing items and then reselling it is undertaking a form of "Trade Feed" if I understand the term correctly. The cost of customs, shipping from overseas, etc will all make up the selling price of an item. So if a buyer is asked to pay for the postage and customs charges, then he might as well send the item directly to the buyer. I see no need for a "middleman". I have bought good items from excellent overseas sellers at reasonable shipping costs and the items came directly to me in good time.

I can make a killing by claiming that I am an agent of an overseas seller who will send item to me, which I repackage and then send to individual buyers. R250 for overseas shipping cost (including all duties) for a R10 item I bought at the local China Mall is a good profit??:idea:

AndreComputer    10
AndreComputer

Hi all

,Please hear this ,as said a few times before Drop shipping (dropripping) is here to stay ,Buyers should work them out of the system by not buying from them if their postage fees is overinflated.I do not for one moment believe all drop rippers are legit .The only one that I have worked with and my friends is Wonderdeal whose parcels you can track ALL the way .Most of the others is rip off conmen/woman and we the buyers are too stupid & greedy to read before buying .

kebs    10
kebs

I do dropshipping, although not in the strictest sense. I have the items delivered to me, pay for the international postage & customs, then send it to my buyers at SA postal rates. Sometimes I lose money because customs have their own way of working out fees, but at least my buyers pay reasonable postage & don't get hit with customs fees when they collect their parcel. There is a lot of negativity towards dropshippers all over the forum, but some of us are not that bad.

P.S. Not all my items are dropshipped - I try to keep most in stock, but have very limited space to store things..

Vinyl Lady Decals    10
Vinyl Lady Decals

Hi kebs

I personally don't have any problem with the way you do things.

Your way is the ethical way to do it.

kebs    10
kebs
Hi kebs

I personally don't have any problem with the way you do things.

Your way is the ethical way to do it.

Thanks!! :grin: very much appreciated..

SProducts    10
SProducts
Hi all

,Please hear this ,as said a few times before Drop shipping (dropripping) is here to stay ,Buyers should work them out of the system by not buying from them if their postage fees is overinflated.I do not for one moment believe all drop rippers are legit .The only one that I have worked with and my friends is Wonderdeal whose parcels you can track ALL the way .Most of the others is rip off conmen/woman and we the buyers are too stupid & greedy to read before buying .

I dont think Wonderdeal is dropshipping, he's a seller based overseas and therefore not dropshipping. I also dropship and most of my items are sent directly to the buyer from my supplier, they dont come to me and then my client.

I do agree ith you about other sellers trying to recover losses by claiming dropshipping when they already have the item in their possesion.

qball    11
qball
Hi all

Please do not generalise about the sellers, you may express your opinion but to generalise that most of these sellers are con men and rip off artists is opening yourself up to a lot of legal issues if someone feels you have slandered them or questioned their character on a public forum, I would therefore ask you to please "tone" your accusations down.

Thank you.

AndreComputer    10
AndreComputer

Sorry, Tone adjusted.Can we do a poll of what buyers think about postage please ,Local & from overseas?

dstorm    10
dstorm

Hello AndreComputer

I think that a seller can charge what he or she wants to as long as it is stated upfront, providing they do not break BoB’s rules about excessive postage (BoB is the one losing out in such a case). What should never be allowed is that “variables”, like customs can be for the buyer’s account. Customs is not and never was part of postage / package / shipping costs.

I buy extensively from two major online companies in RSA. They “import on my behalf – their wording” and in about three years I have never ever had to pay extra for customs.

The dropshippers on BoB should be able to do the same.

To sum it up, the buyer should know the exact cost of an item before he presses the bid or buy button.

Thanks and regards

Jacques

mellowred    10
mellowred

I agree with Jacques. So long as it is clearly indicated the onus is on the buyer to read.

I'm amazed at how sellers get away with rip off postage rates and I'm amazed at how annoyed buyers get (after the fact) when the rates are clearly stated. :rolleyes:

AndreComputer    10
AndreComputer

Hi Dstorm I have a problem with so called dropshippers & overseas sellers that advertise overseas shipping costs .When I receive a parcel the amount sometimes is not a tenth of what was quoted .The SAPO sticker reflects where it was posted from and for how much.I know the argument ,Packaging ,Time etc .The last order that i received was posted from cape town & not the USA

Some sellers use the angle of overseas shipper or dropshipper to increase postage and to defraud bob.You usually find these items with the excessive posting on Wednesday & friday Sales .If I have to pay seperate shipping costs why don't I get it in two parcels? .Every time though I receive items paid for seperately in one parcel .Double the postage & half the cost

Edited by AndreComputer

MsPlod    10
MsPlod
Hi Dstorm I have a problem with so called dropshippers & overseas sellers that advertise overseas shipping costs .When I receive a parcel the amount sometimes is not a tenth of what was quoted .The SAPO sticker reflects where it was posted from and for how much.I know the argument ,Packaging ,Time etc .The last order that i received was posted from cape town & not the USA

Some sellers use the angle of overseas shipper or dropshipper to increase postage and to defraud bob.You usually find these items with the excessive posting on Wednesday & friday Sales .If I have to pay seperate shipping costs why don't I get it in two parcels? .Every time though I receive items paid for seperately in one parcel .Double the postage & half the cost

I must say - I had always thought that shipping was the means of this seller making money on the items she almost always sells for R1...

Silver - Solid 925 Sterling silver ring with natrual pyrite, size 7.5 was sold for R1.00 on 25 Dec at 19:46 by tipisa in United States (ID:30334582)

lilythepink    10
lilythepink
I must say - I had always thought that shipping was the means of this seller making money on the items she almost always sells for R1...

Silver - Solid 925 Sterling silver ring with natrual pyrite, size 7.5 was sold for R1.00 on 25 Dec at 19:46 by tipisa in United States (ID:30334582)

MsPlod is perfectly right. When I was still an ignoramus (well, worse than I still am today!) I bought an item for R1.00 from this seller and when it was delivered to me it came from someone in Somerset West. Needless to say, I have never ever bid on any of this seller's items again ...

Libertas Computers    10
Libertas Computers

I agree, but do have a look at the description though:

Shipment for this item is R155.00 and is made up as follows:

R68 = Speed delivery from USA to SA. A parcel with about 10-15 items, depending on weight, cost a minimum of $140 to speed deliver to SA therefore this fee is already a shared fee & cannot be combined any further

R12 = Insurance: USA - SA & SA office - you. Not combinable as each items value adds to the insurance amount

R50 = Import duties and VAT payable in SA. Not combinable, each item value adds independently to the total amount payable

R25 = Postage from SA agents office to you, this part we will gladly combine in one parcel

R155 = TOTAL

It is quite confusing, but all in all it makes sence. I think it's one of those guys who actualle sells from Cape Town, but has a brother in the US who buys the things and ships it over in a box or something.

All in all it does look a bit confusing to me, and is just a way of making up money?

Vegar    10
Vegar

To answer the initial question - if you buy from verified sellers you will have buyer's protection.

If the shipping cost is not straight forward - reasonably within the Post Office fees - then you could contact the seller to query the shipping cost.

Mr Bargain G    10
Mr Bargain G
Why is it that more and more sellers are listing items, then stating after the auction "sorry not in stock"

Or, once the auction is closed stating " sorry there was a listing error" only to sell it again later.

Yet the buyer has paid for these items.

The buyer then has to battle to have there money refunded, going through a lot of correspondence, basically begging to have there money refunded,

sometimes also having to deal with the sellers not to refined remarks.

Is there no protection for buyers, cause quite frankly the channels one has to follow is not working.

I for one enjoy BOB, but lately there is to much fodder going around.:sowsuser:

Dear Pugly

I am not too sure if this is the place in the forum you told me to come and state my case about the delay in sending your item. But I am here now and would like to publicly apologize for the delay in sending your DVD spindle that you have bought more than a month ago. I have send emails to all buyers explaining that things have been upside down the last month because first we moved to another house and then my mom passed away which was hard on us and then I had some problems with software that was suppose to be send and it turned out to be fake so those refunds had to be done. And with all this I completely forgot about your dvd spindle because when I go to my Sales then it only shows the last month's sales.,

I know this is not your problem and again I apologize for everything. I have send your spindle this morning and I have included 2 more spindles, just to show my sincere apology.

I hope that you could please forgive my mistake.

Mr Bargain G :sad2: