Sign in to follow this  
ashifmadha_sa

Seller's Items 'Not in Stock' and then blocks me!

ashifmadha_sa    10
ashifmadha_sa

Hi

I am relatively new to this. I will explain my case here and then I request for some guidance from the seniors and more learned traders on BOB

Soon after joining BOB, I bought some items from few sellers including one calling themselves 'Neux'. The total for that auction was R161

Since I am based in Kenya and we do not have online banking facilities available at every bank, had to open an account with a bank that offered the facility. Took some time going through all the due diligence checks, etc. Finally got sorted out and made three payments to different sellers. One of the payments was to 'NEUX' for R161. I did send an email to the person requesting them to hold on to the shipping until I was ready to receive the items. I did this for one simple reason, that I was unsure of whether I wanted to receive the item at an Agent's place in SA or direct shipping to Kenya. So instead of holding on to the total payment, I at least paid for the items

Soon after the seller receives the payment, I am given a 'NEGATIVE' rating with the reason that I did not pay for the shipping. Few weeks after that I contacted the seller and reminded him that I had asked him to hold onto the shipping until I was ready. I also requested the person to change the rating, which was done after two SMS reminders were sent. I bid on another auction that I won for R145. I then sent an email and a detailed report on the auctions I had won, monies already remitted and indicated the balance I was supposed to pay. I requested for the shipping charges that would be attached to ship to Kenya. The seller wrote back to me saying that the items were not available anymore! I wrote back saying that if they could apply the payment of R161 to my new purchase and i will pay the difference. I once more asked for the shipping costs. The seller gets back to me saying that the cost would be R220. I did not dispute and went to check out my purchases. At the payment page, I am told that I was blocked by the seller! I have been communicating at all stages with the seller through Email and also SMS's

I do agree and acknowledge that the seller has been on the system for a long time, has sold lots of products and has a very good 'Rating' record. So they must be doing something right ...

My questions to which I seek guidance are:

1. I did pay for the items and requested to hold to the shipping

2. When I am ready to take delivery, I am told, items are not available anymore. Did I not pay for the goods? Wasn't that honorable enough?

3. I agreed to this as well and asked to apply the first payment to my new purchase

4. At the checkout, I am blocked!

Need guidance please

Thanks

Vinyl Lady Decals    10
Vinyl Lady Decals

Hi Ashif

I suggest you state your case and forward all your correspondence to BoB so that they can investigate.

Many sellers are very wary of dealing with overseas buyers as it often ends in a no-sale.

You can send your email to hello@bidorbuy.co.za

Good luck

ashifmadha_sa    10
ashifmadha_sa

Addition to my post ...

New Development

After asking for a reason for blocking me, I posted this report

This morning, the Seller has filed an SNC against me ...:hm:

Hi

I am relatively new to this. I will explain my case here and then I request for some guidance from the seniors and more learned traders on BOB

Soon after joining BOB, I bought some items from few sellers including one calling themselves 'Neux'. The total for that auction was R161

Since I am based in Kenya and we do not have online banking facilities available at every bank, had to open an account with a bank that offered the facility. Took some time going through all the due diligence checks, etc. Finally got sorted out and made three payments to different sellers. One of the payments was to 'NEUX' for R161. I did send an email to the person requesting them to hold on to the shipping until I was ready to receive the items. I did this for one simple reason, that I was unsure of whether I wanted to receive the item at an Agent's place in SA or direct shipping to Kenya. So instead of holding on to the total payment, I at least paid for the items

Soon after the seller receives the payment, I am given a 'NEGATIVE' rating with the reason that I did not pay for the shipping. Few weeks after that I contacted the seller and reminded him that I had asked him to hold onto the shipping until I was ready. I also requested the person to change the rating, which was done after two SMS reminders were sent. I bid on another auction that I won for R145. I then sent an email and a detailed report on the auctions I had won, monies already remitted and indicated the balance I was supposed to pay. I requested for the shipping charges that would be attached to ship to Kenya. The seller wrote back to me saying that the items were not available anymore! I wrote back saying that if they could apply the payment of R161 to my new purchase and i will pay the difference. I once more asked for the shipping costs. The seller gets back to me saying that the cost would be R220. I did not dispute and went to check out my purchases. At the payment page, I am told that I was blocked by the seller! I have been communicating at all stages with the seller through Email and also SMS's

I do agree and acknowledge that the seller has been on the system for a long time, has sold lots of products and has a very good 'Rating' record. So they must be doing something right ...

My questions to which I seek guidance are:

1. I did pay for the items and requested to hold to the shipping

2. When I am ready to take delivery, I am told, items are not available anymore. Did I not pay for the goods? Wasn't that honorable enough?

3. I agreed to this as well and asked to apply the first payment to my new purchase

4. At the checkout, I am blocked!

Need guidance please

Thanks

58f5a71ea6f45_Clip-Neux.JPG.dae8b49ec3293a7fcd8ee3ee751ea414.JPG

TheJeweller    10
TheJeweller

Can you tell me who is the seller?

So I will know from whom never buy.

And report to BOB staff.

kebs    10
kebs

If I understand correctly, it's the seller "Neux"?

ashifmadha_sa    10
ashifmadha_sa

Yes Kebs, that is correct!

ashifmadha_sa    10
ashifmadha_sa

New development. Seller in question has changed my old ratings to 'Negative' with justification for her actions, despite email and SMS communications between myself and her. She knew exactly what was going on at all times. Even then? I really do not want to get into any messy issue. My posting is very clear. All I wanted was guidance from some of the seniors on what to do ...

Vinyl Lady Decals    10
Vinyl Lady Decals

Hi Ashif

Are these old ratings for transactions that the seller filed SNC's for?

If they aren't, if these are ratings for transactions that were completed successfully (you paid, the seller sent the items, you received the items), then you have a case for revenge rating which must be reported to communitywatch@bidorbuy.co.za.

This is a strict no-no on BoB, buyers and sellers may only rate according to the specific transaction.

ashifmadha_sa    10
ashifmadha_sa

Hi Tananka

Yes and No. Seller had originally filed the SNC. I paid except the shipping. I did request to hold onto the shipping until I was ready. When seller received the money, she gave me a negative rating. I requested her to change the rating since I did pay the money for the auctions only shipping was left for a short while. she changed to 'Neutral'. I won a new auction from her. Asked her for the shipping cost for the old items and also the new item and she tells me that the old items were not in stock! I did not dispute and requested for the shipping cost for the new purchase. We also agreed to apply the already paid amount to the new purchase and I would top-up the difference. She gives me that cost. I go to check out and I am blocked. Now the ratings are changed once again

By the way, every email I sent, I would follow up with an SMS as well.

Sorry, I might have repeated myself there ... lol!

Thanks for your interest

Vinyl Lady Decals    10
Vinyl Lady Decals

Please forward all your emails to bidorbuy at hello@bidorbuy.co.za and refer to the SNC reference number or order number.

For them to be able to assess the situation properly, they need complete information, the more you can supply, the better.

geldenhuys1    10
geldenhuys1

Seller Neux

I have bought a few things from Neux including a R12000 laptop and have only got great service from him. I am sure you will be able to sort out the problem with NEUX. Try to contact him by email and explane your problem you had with your bank.:toung: