Sign in to follow this  
RAJRULES1

Misleading Ratings

RAJRULES1    10
RAJRULES1

This seller was recently stopped before more buyers were taken for a wild ride this Christmas.

Items for sale from pieterhenning on bidorbuy.co.za

I too, an old BoBber would have bid on his items if I did not know better. BoB uses a rating system to rate buyers and sellers. In the above case, the seller has a rating of 96 percent, with 17 items sold in total. He has 1 negative, 2 neutral and 0 positive comments, yet his rating overall is 96%:amazed:

I think that % ratings should at least be based on the number of positives over the total number of ratings. In the above case, it would be 0 over 3 which is 0% positive ratings.

This will give a much clearer picture and warn us bargain hunters from buying from a seller that has not yet received a rating but sold 30 items over the past week.

The proposed system will be beneficial to seller and buyers with a good track record.

Any comments???

ATA STAMP CENTRE    10
ATA STAMP CENTRE

HI RAJRULES

I agree with you-I was one of those that was sceptical about this seller as you can see from other thread and posts-He kept telling buyers look at my ratings ,but he had only buyers ratings and not for selling.A lot of scammers have done this before,buy some cheap itemsand get 100 &positive ratings and then start selling and ripping people off.My solution would be a dual rating system of buying and selling-eg for this seller he would have rating of 96% for buying and minus percentage as a seller as he had one negative rating-this would make it easier for prospective buyers to decide if it risky or not,I doubt any of those buyers will get there phones.

neil