Sign in to follow this  
Digitrade

Do NOT mess with me!

Digitrade

Baseball bats are not used for the purpose they were manufactured for - to play baseball!

NO - they are lying in the boot of a car waiting - ready for the @#&!*@! that dares cross my path!

Check out the description on this item:

Ideal to carry on walks and in the car. It'll take alot of punishment and is simply awesome for hitting people hard in self defence.

Personal Security - Special Clearance! 32 Inch Aluminium Baseball Bat was sold for R105.00 on 21 Dec at 23:46 by Importer Boyz in Johannesburg (ID:29026607)

Simply awesome????

lilythepink

Good grief! And imagine someone snatching that out of your hands and turning on you with it? Pepper spray might be more useful? :wondering:

mellowred

"Only in Joburg" perhaps (?)

MsPlod

The horror of this is that it may refer to that dreadful road rage incident in Cape Town several years ago...

Not so nice!

RISadler

The police are justified in arresting a person "on a walk" with such a bat, as it is considered carrying a weapon in public.

Howard Neill
The horror of this is that it may refer to that dreadful road rage incident in Cape Town several years ago...

Not so nice!

Could that be the hockey stick incident? That happened in Fish Hoek, near the "four way stop"

bekka87266

My oupa really had one of these in his 20-year-old austin mini (which he never locks), we used to joke about how the bat was the only expensive thing in the car....

lilythepink

Reading this post has made me wonder what has become of Howard? He hasn't posted for more than ages! Anyone know how he is and why he's no longer posting?

Howard Neill

Hi everyone on BOB. I have been trying for ages to link up with you but did not know Howards log-in name. I am so sorry to tell you that my darling husband of 42 years, passed away suddenly on 18 March. It was such a shock to us all, even though we knew he had a "dread disease" we did not expect it to take him so soon. All our family are going to miss him so much, especially me, I have a really empty place in my heart.

Thank you all for your friendship and support over the last few months. There are some items which I need to sell on his behalf but have no idea how to go about it so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kindest regards

"Sam" Neill

Howars wife.

candle.gif

Edited by admin

MsPlod

Oh Sam! Very sorry indeed to read this! Strength to you and your family, he was a lovely man and will be greatly missed, not the least on this forum!

candlef.gif Peace, light and love!

candle.gif

Edited by admin

admin

Hi Sam,

Please accept our deepest condolences with your loss.

Andries & kids

candle.gif

Cali Craft and Gems

My condolences to Sam and family... Howard's presence on the forum will be sorely missed.

candle.gif

Edited by admin

lilythepink

Dear, dear Sam

This is such very sad news - Howard was a treasured member of our forum and we are going to miss him terribly. I know I don't only speak for myself.

Deepest condolences to you and if you need help with Howard's things to be listed and you think I can help you in any way, please send me a PM or ask BoB for my contact number and give me a call and I will do my best to help.

My thoughts are with you and Howard's family. Just know that you are not alone.

candle.gif

Edited by admin

Seeds for Africa

Dear Sam

Deepest condolences on your loss.

candle.gif

Edited by admin

kyle2

Really sorry to hear about Howard's passing, my heartfelt condolences to Sam & Family. May the memory of him light your way through the darkest times.

candle.gif

Edited by admin

retailrush

Forum Member Howard Neill

I sent Howard a PM today because I was wondering why we haven't seen him on the forum lately. As we all know he had health issues - and this is the reply I received from his wife Sam...

"Hi Wendy,

This is Howards wife Sam. I am so sorry to tell you that Howard passed away suddenly on Friday 18th March. You may know that he had a lung disease which was getting progressively worse, by the end of last year he only had 20% lung capacity left. Early in the morning he had great difficulty in breathing and was rushed to hospital. Sadly there was nothing they could do and his heart stopped due to lack of oxygen.

He had always said he would like to go quicky and not linger on bed ridden and reliant on others so at least in this he got his wish

Needless to say we are still in shock, and I find it very hard to get my head around it. Luckily I have my daughter and 2 grandchildren living at home with me so I am not entirely on my own which helps a lot.

Thank you for thinking of him, he was starting to get attached to many on BOB and enjoyed his different sales.

Kindest Regards

Sam "

I think you will all join me in sending Howard's family our deepest condolences at this sad time... :sad2:

candle.gif

Edited by admin

JPBon

Wow I am sad to hear this, I loved his wit.

candle.gif

Edited by admin

qball

Please forward our sincerest condolences to his wife on behalf of all at bidorbuy.

candle.gif

Edited by admin

DestinysAngels

Please let them know how sorry i am for their loss, he was a real gentleman and will be greatly missed!:sad:

candle.gif

Edited by DestinysAngels
Candle

DestinysAngels

I am stumped, please accept my condolences, Howard will be missed!:sad:

candle.gif

kyle2

Once again, my condolences to the family.

candle.gif

Edited by kyle2
Removed link, posts moved here.

kebs

My sincere condolences. A great loss..

candle.gif

Edited by admin

lilythepink

We did all bid our codolences to Howard's family a couple of weeks back but I can't find the thread now - it had a different heading and got waylaid as a condolence thread.

I miss Howard's postings and, yes, it's sad that we didn't all have time to say goodbye to him.

Again, sincerest condolences to all the family!

candle.gif

Edited by admin
You are posting in it again lily :-)

Miss Jewels

My sincerest condolences to the family in this time. Thinking of you all!

candle.gif

Edited by admin

qball

Our sincerest condolences!

The team at bidorbuy

candle.gif

Edited by admin