Sign in to follow this  
VBNTrading

Stolen Phone sold in Auction #27872559 (VBNTrading and Sapphire28)

VBNTrading    10
VBNTrading

Hi Guys

I am a member, VBNTrading, on the auction site: All ratings received by VBNTrading on bidorbuy.co.za .

I have a problem to report with a trader on the site. Recently I purchased a Samsung Galaxy Spica i5700 from them on the site, here is the link to the order: Login Page and the link to the original auction: Samsung - ***WoW***Original Samsung Galaxy SPICA Android Phone***8Gb*** was sold for R1,640.00 on 27 Oct at 23:48 by Sapphire28 in Cape Town (ID:27872559) . I had originally bought this phone for programming on android and due to that had not actually used the phone itself on the cellular network. I however recently sold it to another mate of mine and upon him using it on the network he had found that it had been blacklisted. So we went through the necessary procedures to find out why it was blacklisted and after much running around we had found out that the phone is actually stolen and blacklisted by the original owner.

So I then mailed Sapphire28: All ratings received by Sapphire28 on bidorbuy.co.za – the trader who I had bought the phone from and he responded as shown below in the mail. I was then able to contact him(14-12-10) about the phone and tell him that it is in fact stolen. Once I had done this he informed me that they had bought it off somebody else etc and offered to change the board on it etc. I then told him I’m not going to get involved with stolen goods and would appreciate a refund. He agreed to this and we settled on an amount of R1615.00 to be refunded into my account. He was skeptical about the condition so he said he would put in a deposit and pay me the rest once he has received the phone. I reluctantly agreed to this. However now it has been 6 days since the conversation and no deposit has been made and I cannot get hold of him either. Both of his numbers that I have ring but go to voice mail when I try to contact him. I now want a full refund and no nonsense about deposits etc. because this seller is very shady and I do not trust that he will pay me the balance once he receives the phone. The phone itself is in the same condition it was when I received it.

Based on all the above, I have tried my utmost to get this situation resolved without involving anyone or Bidorbuy but I believe it is not working. I would therefore appreciate any advice/help on what to do to get this matter resolved with the seller. I have also refrained from changing ratings etc. I am at my wits end and would very much like to get my money back before Christmas as it is a lot of money for me and I am a young trader. I have also mailed this to Bidorbuy but have yet to get a response as it is obviously close to Christmas etc. so I thought I would try the forums to get some aid.

Regards

Brendan

VBNTrading    10
VBNTrading

Thanks for the quick response lily :) I have mailed hello@bidorbuy but have not gotten a response..I will now forward that mail to communitywatch! Once again thanks for the advice..

BMW_M3_CSL    10
BMW_M3_CSL

My advise, send him an SMS and state that you will be forced to hand over the phone to the SAPS and start a case against him for selling stolen goods

VBNTrading    10
VBNTrading

Many thanks for the help guys! It certainly gives me a great deal of confidence in this site because of all the good honest people present on these forums! Anyway just wanted to let you guys know that Ati from Bob has sorted out the issue for me with just a single correspondence to the seller! I received a full refund of the agreed amount the very next day! Now my Christmas will be a bit smoother :) *** Bless and Merry Christmas :)

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Very happy to hear that you haven't been totally ripped off, VBN. Have a wonderfully happy Christmas day and all of the best for 2011. And please stay around the forum!

JPBon    10
JPBon

Glad your problem resolved, Merry Christmas and as Lily said stick around on the forum, always worth your while.

SUPER VALUE PRODUCTS    10
SUPER VALUE PRODUCTS

Report him to the SAPS and charge him for theft if he cannot refund you I feel sorry for the owner

qball    11
qball
Report him to the SAPS and charge him for theft if he cannot refund you I feel sorry for the owner

Please see post above - buyer was refunded.