Sign in to follow this  
meeks

Postal Strike

meeks

I sent some Christmas gifts to Cape Town, posted last week Monday the 14th. The parcels got as far as Cape Mail, and there it is in one of 19 containers (so I was told) as some staff memebers are on leave, and the rest is on strike, so there is no one to unpack the containers, enabling the parcels to be forwarded to the numerous post offices in the Cape area.

So if any one sent parcels to the Cape since last week, the parcels will not reach their destinations before Christmas, and no one can say just how long it will take, as there are more containers arriving daily at Cape Mail.

Disgusting, to strike at a crucial and busy time like the Festive season, and not a mention of it on the SAPO website.Must say, the strikers planned this well, knowing they will get the attention they seek

Kit W

Hi Meeks

This is sickening to say the least. To make matters worse you are still not assured that the items will not be tampered with. What I cannot understand is that some Bobbers try to defend the SAPO actions - we must always sit back and take it on the chin as there are no channels to voice our dissatisfaction and thet is the way it is going to be! I am waiting for more than 3 months to have a complaint resolved with SAPO and get told that I will be contacted by them. I am not holding my breath.

Regards

Kit

lilythepink

I absolutely agree with Kit. Too many of us have problems and I keep hoping that one of us will be bright enough to start a class action against SAPO - but, at the same time, I wonder if it will prove worthwhile? I suppose I know why I haven't yet received my metal detector from the UK, via Royal Mail (and, I guess, ultimately SAPO?)

admin
I absolutely agree with Kit. Too many of us have problems and I keep hoping that one of us will be bright enough to start a class action against SAPO - but, at the same time, I wonder if it will prove worthwhile? I suppose I know why I haven't yet received my metal detector from the UK, via Royal Mail (and, I guess, ultimately SAPO?)

Maybe one of the strikers is using it to check out the parcels in the containers....:whistling:

lilythepink

Now, now, Andries! Do you think they are intelligent enough to know how to use it? Methinks they just rip parcels open and then seal them in plastic bags after an elephant has stopped on them to make them look like they've been properly handled. Ask mellowred about the parcel of jam she received!!

However, ordering an item from the UK is giving me nightmares as all one is given is the Royal Mail tracking number and then when one checks that, one is informed that "the parcel has been handed over to the South African services on 22 November 20210 and should take 21 days to be delivered". (They don't specify which services it's been handed over to - could be the toilet services?) and I am left in limbo. :worried:

JPBon

I think strikers should face a firing squad.

RISadler

And ban all unions!

lilythepink
Maybe one of the strikers is using it to check out the parcels in the containers....:whistling:

Okay, the slip has arrived to collect the MD from the Post Office - 8 a.m. I'll be there! Just in time, I tell you, before we leave for Cape Town. (Now, I wonder, will there be custom duties to pay?)