Sign in to follow this  
ZoneMan

System abuse: SHIPPING CHARGES

ZoneMan

Hi guys,

I just picked up a form of possible abuse by unscrupulous sellers. The system does not allow you to edit a listing after bids have been received, you can however change you shipping charges from your "my bidorbuy" menu. This means if the seller is not happy with the auction price; he can can up the price of the shipping...

Vinyl Lady Decals

Hi ZoneMan

If you suspect something like this is happening, maybe you can send BoB a screenshot of the before and after.

This is not allowed as far as I am aware and BoB has instituted a 5% fee for sellers whose shipping fees are unrealistic.

You can report the seller to communitywatch@bidorbuy.co.za

qball

We do not think the seller has changed the fees for your order. The seller did change their shipping rates after your purchase, but the system still calculated a shipping fee of R40 for your item, that is the amount you must pay, not the new, updated amount. This shipping amount changed in the shipping area, but not on the actual order amount. The system captures the shipping price at that time on the order, even if the shipping is changed afterwards.

ZoneMan

No - I posted R40 as shipping in my order even though the tooltips said R69...

ZoneMan

Thing is it is very difficult to screenshot "before" since you'll have to screenshot all auctions beforehand to find the bad once; perhaps the system should not allow shipping options to be edited once they've been used in a auction with a bid on it.... The case I'm referring to made it easy to pic up since thre was a question referring to the R40 shipping which the seller confirmed and all of a sudden shipping popped up as R69 [NORMAL post}

qball

Due to the fact that the seller did not have shipping options set up, you manually entered R40, which is correct, and as per the Q&A on this item, on the 14th, the seller does state shipping is R40, so the amount you entered is correct, and that is the amount you need to pay. Have the seller asked you to pay the additional R29?

ZoneMan

The seller insisted i was in the wrong and threatened with SNC, until I posted this post and a red rating... then she made ammends and insisted it was some kind of admin error on their side. BTW the seller had shipping options setup AND alterred them AFTER the auction closed.

But thats not the issue, the current system does allow for abuse and some noob buyers might fall for it.

Edited by ZoneMan

qball

If this is the case we can take this matter further with the seller, however, we do not believe this to be a common or widespread issue, nor do we feel that sellers are abusing this.