Sign in to follow this  
FromSa

Why Is There No SNC's For Buyers?

FromSa

Sellers are quick to post SNC's yet buyers have no such recourse. Buyers have to pay within 48 hours or face having a SNC filed yet Buyers sometimes have to wait up to 4 weeks in the case of drop-shippers to lodge a complaint and when they do the seller just lies and gets away with it. The Buyer Protection program is a joke in the case of drop-shippers. A buyer buys an item on auction for R1 and pays R449 postage yet will only get refunded the R1 if he manages to convince BoB he is correct. This is NOT FAIR! :mad:

qball

Unfortunately the SNC process is only for sellers to get their success fees back. As a buyer you are welcome to email us with a formal complaint and we will investigate it from there. Please remember, there are always 3 sides to a story, and in many cases it is difficult to determine who is at fault as we are never directly involved in the transaction. You also have the option to appeal the SNC and give your side of the story. Please remember, if you bid on an auction you agree to the sellers terms of sale and their shipping charges, if you are not happy with this, then you shouldn't bid on the seller's item. Shipping is generally non refundable, especially if the seller has sent the goods already.

FromSa
Unfortunately the SNC process is only for sellers to get their success fees back. As a buyer you are welcome to email us with a formal complaint and we will investigate it from there. Please remember, there are always 3 sides to a story, and in many cases it is difficult to determine who is at fault as we are never directly involved in the transaction. You also have the option to appeal the SNC and give your side of the story. Please remember, if you bid on an auction you agree to the sellers terms of sale and their shipping charges, if you are not happy with this, then you shouldn't bid on the seller's item. Shipping is generally non refundable, especially if the seller has sent the goods already.

Formal complaint has already been lodged with Bennet Massyn and no tracking number received as of yet.

qball

Please allow us time to contact the seller and get feedback.

Thank you

FromSa
Please allow us time to contact the seller and get feedback.

Thank you

Seller has given his feedback and says I did not contact him, which I had and given BoB copies of the correspondence. He had also given me a positive rating within a few days saying what a prompt payer I was, which he has now changed to negative. It's simple.... if a buyer has paid the seller must give him the tracking no. the next day! It is not the buyer's responsibility to chase the seller. If the seller is dealing with hundreds of buyers as they claim then they must have an automated sorting system or use Bobpay. My ratings speak for themselves! :rolleyes:

qball

We agree, that is why we need to get feedback from him.

AndreComputer

I support the idea of a SNC for buyers .On the rating system you can rate negative BUT then you can get a revenge rating from a seller .Totally unfair .After a SNC has been logged both buyers & sellers are denied the right to rate until a agreement has been reached . Come on BOB .YOUR BUYERS want it .

Vinyl Lady Decals

One of the reasons that this is not a good idea is simply that it will be abused by buyers who will claim all sorts of reasons to "cancel" the sale.

Most sellers can give a long list of the excuses they've heard, most of which are obviously untruthful, buyers thinking sellers are too naive to realise they are being lied to.

As it is, there are already sooo many buyers who just don't bother to complete the sale, giving buyers this "ammunition" will just make the problem worse.

qball

May I suggest you research the SNC process before posting here - when an SNC is filed, ratings (from both buyer and seller are removed) until a decision is made regarding the SNC and who is at fault, then ratings are either re-instated or removed, depending on the outcome of the SNC process. Please read my initial response above, SNC's are primarily used to get success fees credited back to the seller. Buyers can follow the process outlined as above, there is no need to have another process in place to deal with issues when one exists already, as above.

Thank you

Cuan