Sign in to follow this  
nixies

Deleting of bids by seller - reasons

nixies    10
nixies

It can be very helpful if there was an option "other reason" when deleting a bid.

Reason. I was stupid enough to list items before I had to stock in my hands. Parcel was stopped at customs and found that supplier (I was unaware of this) has under-declared value. Now I am a registered importer and know exactly how this works and the penalties involved. I got a huge penalty which the supplier refuses to refund. Needless to say, I have lost the whole shipment together with my payment. I had to cancel these sales and deleted the bids. A could not state a proper reason because of the options.

Then on Saturday night I had a burglary at my office which left me without most of my stock and a laptop. A lot of these items were already sold and some paid for and others were still on auction. Again I had to delete bids and cancel sales. Not to mention all the refunds I have to do.

Two of the bidders reported this to community watch and I got these "warnings" which to one I replied to. One cannot let everybody know what the situation is and besides that, if only current bidders, no contact details are available. I tried to contact some bidders that have bought from me before, but the first timers could not be contacted.

I hope some of the bidders read the forum and get to know the situation. My bids are not deleted because of the prices being too low, but only because of something out of my control.

thanks

nixies

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Sorry for you, Nixies. Sounds like you're having a traumatic end of the year.

Most sellers have to face problems. Sometimes items get broken, sometimes they get misplaced. But my feeling is that, for all the hard work which bigger sellers have to face in situations like this, it is imperative that you communicate with your buyers and let each one of them know you are having problems and will refund them. If you don't do this, you run the risk of being reported to CW and getting a bad rating from the buyer.

Miss Jewels    10
Miss Jewels
It can be very helpful if there was an option "other reason" when deleting a bid.

Reason. I was stupid enough to list items before I had to stock in my hands.thanks

nixies

Hi Nixie. I think it's important to contact CW as your name is not on the list of authorized dropshippers and this just may cause other unecessary problems. I hope you sort all the problems out. (it's not raining, it pouring!)