Sign in to follow this  
geldenhuys1

Dropshipping???

geldenhuys1

Apple iPhone - Apple Iphone 4G 32GB Now in stock!!!!!! for sale in Theunissen (ID:30431091)

I have asked this guy about the iPones he is selling for R5070 inc. shipping. On the listing it states shipping will be done after 14 days door to door. When i asked him about it he removes the shipping options from the listing!

Is he dropshipping or is this for real. I want to buy one for my wife and R5070 is a great price for this phone, but could be very expensive if you lose your money.

I have looked at one of his other listings and one client asked if he could collect and the answer was no.

On this listing the shipping details is still there. http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/item/30430078/Blackberry_Totch_9800_IN_STOCK_NOW.html

Edited by geldenhuys1

ATA STAMP CENTRE

HI

There s another thread about this seller under buying on bob-I For one do not believe this and what ratings??is he referring to .he only has a few for buying and not for selling!!admin issued awarning for contact details in the q an a on another item but i think this seller has to checked out further before we have huge losses incurred here.

qball

The safest way - if you have doubts, don't bid...

ATA STAMP CENTRE

HI CUAN

With all respect but have you looked at the listing??he has same items on auction and buy now and 20 of each.The potential fraud here is hundreds of thousands and your advice is dont buy if you have doubts.This seller was reported yesterday and surely the bob security department can do some checks to see if seller is legit and has stock etc.This must be taken more seriously,

NEIL

TT Trading SA

For someone who can't pay for a R1.00 purchase on BOB ( received negative rating for non payment ) I can hardly believe that he has so many phones in stock.

PLEASE think of the following before purchasing: "IF IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE, THEN IT IS" just hope everyone who recently bought from him receives their goods, time will tell.

qball
HI CUAN

With all respect but have you looked at the listing??he has same items on auction and buy now and 20 of each.The potential fraud here is hundreds of thousands and your advice is dont buy if you have doubts.This seller was reported yesterday and surely the bob security department can do some checks to see if seller is legit and has stock etc.This must be taken more seriously,

NEIL

Hi Neil

With all due respect, we have already contacted the seller and according to our last conversation with him he states he has the stock, we are also requesting further particulars from him. And I am being serious. If a buyer ever has any doubts, simply don't bid, that is THE safest way to trade on the site. So far we have no indication that he does not have the stock, however, if you have doubts about the seller, then we recommend that you do not purchase from him. That is ultimately the buyers' decision. We cannot and do not warrant or guarantee that a seller will supply any of the products for sale on the site, even if we have investigated and based on any findings we may have, confirm this to be the case.

Kind regards

Cuan

SProducts
The safest way - if you have doubts, don't bid...

I am staying clear here, something is just not right but looks very legit somehow. The seller has won one of my auctions, will wait and see if he pays and then maybe I can bid.

ATA STAMP CENTRE

HI

What did he win-surely not a cellphone??

neil

SProducts
HI

What did he win-surely not a cellphone??

neil

Unfortunately he did. He won the I9+++ chinese cell phone, he was interested in 3 units specifically but will depend if he does a buy now for the other 2. He is winning one other auction for the same phone closing tomorrow.

We will see how it turns out.

brands online
Unfortunately he did. He won the I9+++ chinese cell phone, he was interested in 3 units specifically but will depend if he does a buy now for the other 2. He is winning one other auction for the same phone closing tomorrow.

We will see how it turns out.

No disrespect to your I9's Sproducts, but selling B/berry torches and Apples and buying I9's on the other side? :hm:

Anywayz, if this turns out well and someone receives their new phone, please let us know...

The early bird gets the worm, but I prefer watching if the bait make it...:twisted:

geldenhuys1

Here is a guy that bought one of his Blackberrys, this is the question and answer:

Q

i ordered the blacknerry torch and am on my second week now - having paid - i didn't even receive a tracking number - the nmber of days you promised came and passed - you asked for my adress i smsed you No 60 2nd Avenue, roodepoort North, 1724 - you then called confussing me with another one who has to pay for 2, am really frustrated because the things i bought so late after you i have already received. What's the problem - Asked by THIVHU (23 rating1.gif)

21 Dec 07:55

A

Hi Thivu, I do apologize for the delay we have been very busy with dispatch. You will receive your tracking number today at 15:00.

21 Dec 08:00

I realy think BOB must investigate this guy before lots of people lose there money. Like Brands Online, i will watch also. Hope this guy is for real, and people do not lose money.

RAJRULES1

:razz: 14 day to post items on hand is tooooooo looooooong!:rolleyes:

Unless you are selling 100 items per day or you are DK.:amuse:

Any seller selling loads of hih priced items can make a years salary within that 14 days and then it will be hard to pay back.:wink:

RAJRULES1

I notice all items have been deleted. What now?:worried:

SProducts
:razz: 14 day to post items on hand is tooooooo looooooong!:rolleyes:

Unless you are selling 100 items per day or you are DK.:amuse:

Any seller selling loads of hih priced items can make a years salary within that 14 days and then it will be hard to pay back.:wink:

|Exactly why I wont buy, the seller talks about many dispatches buy has few items listed.

ATA STAMP CENTRE

HI AMIN

To follow up on alternate thread about this seller "pieterhenning"-I think with the doubt surrounding the legitimacy of his listings he should have been disabled until he could provide the necessary documentation required.Please note he had 20 phones of each listed on auction and the same on buy now so the potential here was almost R 200 000 to be made off unsuspecting bidders.

I see he has said some phones were lost (bulls%%t of course ) but if he had 40 of each as he listed he should easily be able to replace them??as he sold 17 items.

Also i see bob is careful about slander etc when approaching these issue.Easy to add an indemnity clause for all sellers to agree to when they register to sell ,empowering bob to handle these issues as they see fit and to presume certain sellers like this are presumed guilty until they the seller can prove otherwise!!

I dont need to remind bob that buyer protection is of paramount importance as without the buyers we ,the seller will not have the market for our product and the listings will then dry up if no sales are forthcoming and then bobs comm and listing fees will obviously diminish.

The harm done by sellers like this and alass,media tech,louis van elzas,to name but a few over the last months is inestimable but nontheless hugely damaging as one bad experience is retold a thousand times especially when you are ripped off and lose money.

I understand the concept of business in lose some buyers,hide the bad experiences and sellers quickly, and then attract twice the amount of new buyers to compensate but be aware the saturation point and from there it is downhill.

BOB is a great trading platform which has allowed me to maintain my standard of living having to retire from the rat race at age 50 and i now supplement my income with my trading on BOB so please understand i have a vested interest in the wellbeing of bob.I am not apportioning blame here but merely pointing out that we need to be more diligent about circumspect matters where possible.

Bottom line is that we should all make our mission statement for 2011 that we will strive to work together to make bob a safer and more profitable trading platform by eradicating those that are dishonest and unscrupulous.

MERRY XMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR

NEIL

Edited by ATA STAMP CENTRE

qball

Hi Neil

By disabling a user, they do not have access to their account, which means if they are legitimate, they cannot access sales records or provide the necessary support to their customers. The seller in question, has had their selling ability removed and their listings removed a week ago already, when these issues were brought to our attention.

Neil, in our defence, no-one is hiding anything, if anything we do a lot to engage with our users and yes, unfortunate incidents like this do take place as with any online market place, including the almighty eBay. bidorbuy is not responsible for stock, nor are we obligated to ensure a seller has stock. We also cannot predict when and if these types of scenarios will happen, this is usually only after the seller has goods listed for sale and after sales have taken place. Buyers need to take heed of the ratings, has the seller sold before, are the prices too good to be true, does the seller have a proven track record etc.? The buyers assume all risk and responsibility when transacting on the site, this is not going to change. Drop shipping is not the issue (when done correctly it works well), the issue is sellers who do not have stock and do not supply goods, these scenario's are unfortunately not easy to spot, or prevent, regardless of who you are and what systems you have in place. There are also instances where sellers make poor business decisions or run into issues with their business, which is not fraud. This could happen to any business and does not necessarily mean the seller has intentionally taken your money and deliberately not supplied the goods. The other problem, is that many people jump to the wrong conclusion immediately, which causes even further problems (speaking generally here, not about this particular seller).

The vast majority of transactions happen free of incident and affect a very small percentage of transactions, and these issues unfortunately get the most attention.

Thank you

Cuan

mellowred

Interesting to find that on 19 December pieterhenning registered on another auction site (Google search earlyworks 274).

He is still selling the same products. Some people just never give up do they.

ATA STAMP CENTRE
Interesting to find that on 19 December pieterhenning registered on another auction site (Google search earlyworks 274).

He is still selling the same products. Some people just never give up do they.

I Sincerely hope the buyers that were scammed are laying charges against PIETERHENNING and bob security is following up and assisting .I see the account is not yet disabled

NEIL

RAJRULES1

Hi all

I think all legit sellers should get themselves verified sellers status to show doubting buyers that you are safe and here to stay. I dont sell too many high priced items but it costs almost nothing to become verified with BoB.

I am a buyer too and have decided as far as possible to buy from verified sellers or sellers with a loooong history of good sales:grin:

admin
I Sincerely hope the buyers that were scammed are laying charges against PIETERHENNING and bob security is following up and assisting .I see the account is not yet disabled

NEIL

Hi Neil,

He was restricted long ago, you will not be able to see this on his profile and yes, they are, and yes, they are :wink:

ATA STAMP CENTRE

THANKS ADMIN

Lets rid the streets and internet highways of all lowlifes this year-(at least as best we can if we all do our part)

neil

mellowred
Hi all

I think all legit sellers should get themselves verified sellers status to show doubting buyers that you are safe and here to stay. I dont sell too many high priced items but it costs almost nothing to become verified with BoB.

I am a buyer too and have decided as far as possible to buy from verified sellers or sellers with a loooong history of good sales:grin:

Hi Raj

One of the main clues with these con artists is that they always list a large quantity of things at very low prices. No point in conning one or two guys out of R5,000 each - they want tens of thousands at least to make it worth their while.

If I were planning a huge scam, I'd take my time, invest a few thousand on some genuine items, sell them at cost and be really friendly and nice. But the problem would be to offload the non-existent items very quickly in huge quantities - before those bad ratings start rolling in.

100% agree with your looooong history bit. But then again, if you look at pieterhenning - he had been around for quite a long time. Which is what made me think he may be the victim of a hi-jacked account. Until I saw him on another on-line trading site.

Only way to judge is the "if it's too good to be true ... " rule and your gut feeling.

Sorry to say, but the con-artists get away with what they do mainly because they play on our human instinct - greed.