Sign in to follow this  
RISadler

Big Brother is here...

RISadler

Sorry guys, Totalitarian Bob is here for the holidays and he saw this:

I just proxied into your account and don't get this error.

Erm, is this ability not a security risk, as well as invasion of privacy?

lilythepink

Oh dear! We all know that BoB staff can access everything - including our PM's!

MacMuffin
Sorry guys, Totalitarian Bob is here for the holidays and he saw this:

Erm, is this ability not a security risk, as well as invasion of privacy?

No (only via privileged access and audited) and No (Some reading for you, seeing you are bored: Privacy Statement)

voldermort

Well seeing as it is my account that was proxied into, I have absolutely no issues with it. Mac was helping to assist me and it may have been very difficult for him to do this had he not been able to access my account.........unless underhanded deals are taking place I see no reason why anyone should have an issue with this.

RISadler
(Some reading for you, seeing you are bored: Privacy Statement)

To quote Hannibal Smith: "My word is as good as your's."

Anyway, I read it and drove my Corsa bakkie through all the loopholes and contradictions. Please congratulate your legal dept. on a job well done.

MacMuffin
To quote Hannibal Smith: "My word is as good as your's."

You can always utilize PAIA, or trust that we have the necessary means in place to control access, or just not upload those super-private weekend photos of yours into your bob-image-gallery :whistling:

RISadler

Seriously though, suppose you get fired and are now a super-disgruntled ex-employee. You still have the codes, because you surely didn't explain the system to the new guy... :wondering:

RISadler

Oh, PAIA is to get info out, not to make sure it stays put. Also, applying PAIA on non-government is practically impossible.

MacMuffin
Seriously though, suppose you get fired and are now a super-disgruntled ex-employee. You still have the codes, because you surely didn't explain the system to the new guy... :wondering:

Standard HR policy is that once an employee with administrative privileges tenders his/her resignation, access to the system will be revoked. And we only have super-happy employees.

lilythepink
Standard HR policy is that once an employee with administrative privileges tenders his/her resignation, access to the system will be revoked. And we only have super-happy employees.

Hope you get a really good bonus this year, Mac!

RISadler
... tenders his/her resignation ...

Not what I said...

... we only have super-happy employees.

To paraphrase Jack Spa... sorry, Captain Jack Sparrow: "Those are the ones you can't trust."