Sign in to follow this  
brands online

Top Sellers

brands online    10
brands online

Hi there,

Does anyone know what determines top sellers in each category? Is it turnover, items sold, monies paid to BOB? :wondering:

Delicious    10
Delicious

I think it's turnover? I sold a couple high end things and cracked an invite to the best seller's function the 1 year.

JPBon    10
JPBon

Quote from Qball in another thread:

We generally look at monetary value sold (including success fees paid), amongst other things, we do not include enhancement fees and we do not look at ratings.

Miss Jewels    10
Miss Jewels

JP, I must be missing something. There was a seller under the top 10 who's items mainly go for a R1.00 (no guessing who) If this is the case, how it monetary value then determined. Overall for a month?

Quote from Qball in another thread:

We generally look at monetary value sold (including success fees paid), amongst other things, we do not include enhancement fees and we do not look at ratings.

ATA STAMP CENTRE    10
ATA STAMP CENTRE

HI

This is actually very important as it is free advertising for those listed as top sellers and i for one would like to feature as accurately as possible.I have asked in a previous thread that the top sellers list be as follows.i.e:one week the sellers with the most items sold and from top to bottom on the list and the 2nd week the sellers with the most monetary volume attained.

This can alternate weekly and apart form the advertising factor it will be an accurate reflection of the actual top sellers.I for one would love to feature at the top if i am a top seller(my competitive nature),As described by cuan i cannot agree that that is in effect happening.I have been on the list for awhile and never make the top three??,i may not sell as many low value items as someone else but i am positive that my monetary volume sold weekly way exceeds most of those above me on the list but i am not rewarded for this??

I think a more clear definition of this is required and should be easy for bob to check and implement .

neil

JPBon    10
JPBon

I wouldnt know Im probably in the bottom 5

dstorm    10
dstorm

Hello Neil

I think you have to take a closer look at Cuan’s post. It says: We generally look at monetary value sold (including success fees paid), amongst other things.,

I am in regular contact with a seller who is regularly featured in the top ten (stamps section). He told me his sales for November. I was shocked, as my sales (Rand wise) were way above his…..

If you want to make it to the top ten, forget about your Bechuanaland KGV, etc. Rather list your surplus Homelands FDCs as single items.

Regards

Jacques

alloway65    10
alloway65

As far as I can ascertain it appears to be only the number of individual sales that counts.

Personally I cant see the business logic in spending 10 minutes or so preparing a listing then selling the item for a few Rand....my time at least is worth more than that.

If I had to have all my Homelands Issues listed one at a time, my four grandchildren would still be listing well after my demise.

A Great Festive Season to you all.

David