Sign in to follow this  
SProducts

This looks suspicious, but confusing!

SProducts

I am not accussing the seller, but it does call for concern. I saw this listing, the seller has rating as a buyer and none as a seller. The seller is selling expensive items cheap.

Items for sale from pieterhenning on bidorbuy.co.za

Seller also offers contact details on questions and answers, Blackberry - Blackberry 9800 torch slide original sealed in box for sale in Theunissen (ID:30310270)

Banking details are for a company, maybe its legit. Admin can you please check this out.

mellowred

Also strange because, except for the one purchase in July this year, the user has not used the account in over a year.

SProducts

You are correct, just noticed I dealt with the seller in June last year.

brands online

"20" phones up on weekend special... Admin???????

Kom nou, roer asseblief :razz:

A li\l too good to be true , methinks

meeks

And method of payment - "Cash deposits only"???

ATA STAMP CENTRE

Definitely not looking legit.The q&a also -2 bank accounts,cash only and cant collect now,must despatch by friday,contact details,If legit he he is still breaking the rules-Items still listed so looks like admin is off today-This time of year must be on duty and extra vigilant

NEIL

brands online
Definitely not looking legit.The q&a also -2 bank accounts,cash only and cant collect now,must despatch by friday,contact details,If legit he he is still breaking the rules-Items still listed so looks like admin is off today-This time of year must be on duty and extra vigilant

NEIL

I agree Neil, it's cool sellers patrol the site, but if a query is called in, there should be 'someone' around to enforce the law...:hm:

SProducts

The company is registered and all sounds well when googling. I asked a question about collection and the answer was there are "many orders to dispatch in order to make clients happy and you can collect in future. You can in January but prices will be different from December specials."

I see they have already sold to a few buyers, hopefully tomorrow this will be looked at and save those few buyers.

admin

Hi All,

The appropriate action was taken, thank you.

ATA STAMP CENTRE
The company is registered and all sounds well when googling. I asked a question about collection and the answer was there are "many orders to dispatch in order to make clients happy and you can collect in future. You can in January but prices will be different from December specials."

I see they have already sold to a few buyers, hopefully tomorrow this will be looked at and save those few buyers.

Where are they registered?? and the absa account number given is probably a savings account number which a registerd pty cannot use for business account.

Miss Jewels

Thanks Admin!

SProducts

Thanks Admin, hopefully the buyers haven't paid yet.

The company is registered on Cipro(Companies and intellectual property registration office) and when googling you can find some info. They sell gems, diamonds and maybe in real estate if you google earlyworks 274.

Could be a savings account, account name is not that important as you can transfer money with account number. Worse in every answer to a question they display their bank details.

brands online

Dammit, I thought I'd get me a lekka Christmas berry, at least I don't get a lekka beeg Christmas shock...

SProducts
Dammit, I thought I'd get me a lekka Christmas berry, at least I don't get a lekka beeg Christmas shock...

So did I, was hoping its a real thing, eish!

RAJRULES1

But seller is still around selling at great prices. Admin, it this legit and can I buy too?:grin:

ATA STAMP CENTRE

HI

Another thread has just been opened about this seller-I see he has the same advert for buy now and auction and has already sold a few items.He tells buyers to check his ratings but he has only a few positives for buying and has 13 items sold and one negative rating for selling and no positive-ADMIN please follow up here and check if legit.

SProducts

This doesn't seem right. A previous buyer of mine saw me bidding before the auction was deleted and asked if it was real. I told him to be careful as the price is too good to be true and that should I win I will research the seller before paying.

Seemingly he didn't understand, after the auction was delete, he went on and bought through the newly created Buy Now.

He received a wrong speed services tracking number from the seller and after numerous tries, the seller responded. He forwarded me the email, the seller claims the items were stolen in transit, he has then ordered new stoock to replace as soon as possible. He appologised for not answering his phone to those who phoned.

What's worrying, the email is standard and sent to all buyers. My question, is it possible to send say 5 speed services items and all of them get stolen?

The seller promises to have the phones in about a week.

Admin, is it possible to alert other buyers who haven't paid. I am not accussing the seller, but this is not good.

Edited by SProducts

admin

Hi Sipho,

His last sale was on the 21st, so I am sure everyone paid by now, and as you said "I am not accussing the seller", without proof that he is lying will have me liable for slander should I warn buyers not to pay, as he might be telling the truth.

ATA STAMP CENTRE

I am prepared to state that this was a scam form the first!!I am also very dissapointed in the way bob handled this as they were given very early notice that these transactions were suspect.The answer cuan gave was that they spoke to the seller and he SAID he had stock!!(see previous posts in ANOTHER thread by myself and answers)Would the seller now really say he does not have stock and that he was planning on defrauding buyers of there money.

Surely there must be better ways of checking these suspect sellers than was used in this instance and thus ensure better buyer protection

NEIL

Edited by ATA STAMP CENTRE

SProducts
Hi Sipho,

His last sale was on the 21st, so I am sure everyone paid by now, and as you said "I am not accussing the seller", without proof that he is lying will have me liable for slander should I warn buyers not to pay, as he might be telling the truth.

I know and agree with you, without proof nothing can be proven and you are can't accuse anyone.

I think the buyers need to be alerted and informed to open cases as there is no way the seller is legit. The seller is buying time by these excuses. How does he have all his stock lost at once?

admin

Hi Neil,

You are entitled to have and air your opinion on how this was handled by bidorbuy, just keep in mind that you don't know what all transpired between the seller and bidorbuy nor what documentation was supplied by the seller, as mentioned by Cuan in the other thread.

Hi Neil

With all due respect, we have already contacted the seller and according to our last conversation with him he states he has the stock, we are also requesting further particulars from him.

Kind regards

Cuan

As there are two threads open on the same subject, I am closing this one. It can be continued in the other thread : http://forum.bidorbuy.co.za/forum-community-watch/12191-dropshipping.html

Thank you.

qball
I am prepared to state that this was a scam form the first!!I am also very dissapointed in the way bob handled this as they were given very early notice that these transactions were suspect.The answer cuan gave was that they spoke to the seller and he SAID he had stock!!(see previous posts in ANOTHER thread by myself and answers)Would the seller now really say he does not have stock and that he was planning on defrauding buyers of there money.

Surely there must be better ways of checking these suspect sellers than was used in this instance and thus ensure better buyer protection

NEIL

Hi Neil

When this was reported, we started our investigations, even restricted his selling ability and removed his items. We cannot simply act against anyone without some form of proof. We don't just go on "he says he has stock", we did request further particulars including any documentation to verify what he had told us, it seems this is not the case, during this time we removed his ability to sell and his products were removed. However, please remember, we are not responsible for checking whether a seller has stock, and every user on the site agrees to these terms when they sign up. No other online auction site or market place checks on the sellers stock holding nor are they obligated to do so. There is no way to check this, nor predict it, until someone buys and does not receive the goods. Again, if we look at the start of this scenario, you have a user with good ratings as a buyer, he had no ratings as a seller or track record as a seller, nor do the handful of negative ratings prove anything at this stage. This is the current situation. Even if he did not have the stock at the time, there is no way we can predict that he will not supply the goods either.

As a buyer, one should always check the ratings as a seller, is the price too good to be true, what are the delivery times etc.?

Whilst it is regrettable that such issues happen, we have done what we can to try sort this issue out, buyers will have to contact the police to open cases and we will assist further with the investigations.

Regards

Cuan