Sign in to follow this  
brands online

Shorten filing of SNC's period.

brands online
Brands, you are absolutely right, let's stick to the topic... :grin:

Okay, that settled, is there any reason perhaps why this period can't/won't be shortened?

qball

Firstly, we (bob and the sellers), need to allow the buyer an opportunity to make payment, within 7 days is fair to allow a buyer to make payment, depending on who you bank with, it is sometimes impossible to confirm payment within 48 or 72 hours. Issues like payment clearance times, buyer's internet access (home or work), affects the transaction and the speed in which payment is actually made. For example, a buyer wins an auction at 11pm at night, but might not be online at that time, so they pay the next day, and it takes 2 days to clear into the sellers account, it could take 4 days before you actually receive the funds. Can you imagine the number of SNC's if a seller does not get paid within 48 hours? This would also lead to even further abuse of the SNC process, and will definitely increase the number of buyer and seller complaints and issues we will have to deal with.

Another example - a buyer wins an auction at 11pm on a friday night, pays within the 48 hours the seller stipulates (payment made on Sunday), seller doesn't trace the payment, files a SNC after 7 days. Is it fair to the buyer? Yes, there are buyers who pay late or take more time to pay, and there are instances where this is unavoidable, but shortening the SNC period will only lead to further abuse by some sellers and increase our already mammoth workload, trying to determine who is at fault, not that we are obliged to investigate buyer and seller claims regarding SNC's.

So unfortunately we will not be shortening this period.

Kind regards

Cuan

brands online

Thanks for that reply, though I may not totally agree with it. :hm:

How about the period after SNC is filed? That could be shortened though?

lilythepink

I second that suggestion!

RISadler
they'll dismantle your alarm system...

Don't have one.

... boot you out of your house ...

The dogs are doing a good job of it already.

... set up a spaza shop in your garage!

I don't need partners.

brands online
Firstly, we (bob and the sellers), need to allow the buyer an opportunity to make payment, within 7 days is fair to allow a buyer to make payment, depending on who you bank with, it is sometimes impossible to confirm payment within 48 or 72 hours. Issues like payment clearance times, buyer's internet access (home or work), affects the transaction and the speed in which payment is actually made. For example, a buyer wins an auction at 11pm at night, but might not be online at that time, so they pay the next day, and it takes 2 days to clear into the sellers account, it could take 4 days before you actually receive the funds. Can you imagine the number of SNC's if a seller does not get paid within 48 hours? This would also lead to even further abuse of the SNC process, and will definitely increase the number of buyer and seller complaints and issues we will have to deal with.

Another example - a buyer wins an auction at 11pm on a friday night, pays within the 48 hours the seller stipulates (payment made on Sunday), seller doesn't trace the payment, files a SNC after 7 days. Is it fair to the buyer? Yes, there are buyers who pay late or take more time to pay, and there are instances where this is unavoidable, but shortening the SNC period will only lead to further abuse by some sellers and increase our already mammoth workload, trying to determine who is at fault, not that we are obliged to investigate buyer and seller claims regarding SNC's.

So unfortunately we will not be shortening this period.

Kind regards

Cuan

Had an afterthought on this....

If I, as a Seller took 7-21 days to post a parcel, would BOB grant me that leeway too?:wondering:

Buyers exploit BOB's leniency, no, no... strike that. Everyone tries to exploit BOB's leniency... buyers though get away it more often than not. Sellers, ah, well they get the dinner and theatre once a year...:razz:

ATA STAMP CENTRE

HI

The snc period of 7 days is not the problem.Allowing the appeal is of no purpose.I personally will after 7 days email the buyer to ask for payment and if there is a problem.I then give another 3 days and if no payment and no reply i then file the snc.At this point i have given the buyer every opportunity to pay and if there was a problem he had sufficient time to inform me.If he cannot do this then i wish to have no further dealings with that buyer and will inform him not to pay as i will relist and the item is not available anymore.Why then the appeal process??the buyer has had enough opportunity to honour the transaction or at least inform me of a problem.

YES,there will be the odd accident etc but that will be very few and far between and to institute an appeal process to accomodate these occasional mishaps does not make sense to me.

neil

qball
Thanks for that reply, though I may not totally agree with it. :hm:

Sorry, that will remain in place.

qball
HI

The snc period of 7 days is not the problem.Allowing the appeal is of no purpose.I personally will after 7 days email the buyer to ask for payment and if there is a problem.I then give another 3 days and if no payment and no reply i then file the snc.At this point i have given the buyer every opportunity to pay and if there was a problem he had sufficient time to inform me.If he cannot do this then i wish to have no further dealings with that buyer and will inform him not to pay as i will relist and the item is not available anymore.Why then the appeal process??the buyer has had enough opportunity to honour the transaction or at least inform me of a problem.

YES,there will be the odd accident etc but that will be very few and far between and to institute an appeal process to accomodate these occasional mishaps does not make sense to me.

neil

Actually there is a purpose. The buyer must be given an opportunity to respond - many sellers file SNC's saying that the buyer rejected product, when they didn't. Many buyers do pay, perhaps miss one digit out of the reference/order number etc. Seller files SNC for non payment, however, buyer did pay on time, just with the incorrect reference. Seller's abuse the SNC process just as much as buyers do, if not more. Some seller's file SNC's just to remove the negative rating they received. The buyer must have an opportunity to respond, after all, they are your clients too. Unfortunately it's not the odd accident or occasional mishap, sellers are also responsible for the SNC's being filed for the wrong reasons, and the seller is afforded the opportunity to state their case when filing the SNC, so why shouldn't the buyer also be afforded that opportunity, especially if the seller is filing it for the wrong reason? We sometimes need to hear both sides of the story.

qball
Had an afterthought on this....

If I, as a Seller took 7-21 days to post a parcel, would BOB grant me that leeway too?:wondering:

Buyers exploit BOB's leniency, no, no... strike that. Everyone tries to exploit BOB's leniency... buyers though get away it more often than not. Sellers, ah, well they get the dinner and theatre once a year...:razz:

So do sellers... :worried::amazed: