Sign in to follow this  
brands online

Shorten filing of SNC's period.

brands online

Hi All,

I personally think the filing of SNC's period should be moved to up by at least 2 days. Lots of things come into play here. I know that a seller can stipulate their payment periods in the listings, and then resell the item, but most sellers would rather make the sale, me included. 7 Days is however a ridiculous amount of time for buyers to complete payment. 90% or more buyers pay us via EFT so that shouldn't take more than a few minutes after winning the auction. But lots of buyers know that sellers spend money to advertise the item and would rather recover that and complete the sale so they pay 6 days later at times. Every so often, you'll find the buyers who wait for you to file the SNC and pay 4 to 5 days after that just before the SNC is completed. That leaves a gap of between 11 and 14 days after purchase to completion of SNC. In the interim, the seller needs to keep that stock, lose that physical space and carry an ongoing list of debtors for upto 2 weeks.

Isn't 5 days enough or perhaps an option where sellers can choose the length of time to file a SNC on their auctions ranging between say 4 and 10 days. That would allow room for everybody, not so?:thinking:

wayjen

agreed. Some items you can wait 14 days but others you want to be able to relist to be able to catch the people whilst the item is still fresh in their minds.

JPBon

I have seen some people have in their listings that goods not paid for within a specific time period will be relisted and then the snc filed

Miss Jewels
I have seen some people have in their listings that goods not paid for within a specific time period will be relisted and then the snc filed

My T & C's clearly state if item is not paid within 5 working days of auction closing, SNC will be filed and item relisted. Irrespective if BoB gives another 7 days to appeal, these are my terms and conditions. It's for me to decide to relist or wait another 7-10 days for payment.

Angolo Antico

I FULLY agree,

BOB was kind enough to give us a selling platform, we can use our own terms of sale, now the only thing we can't change is the time period for SNC, our listings state that payment must be made within 2 days of auction close, most buyers pays within 4 days which is 100% fine with us, but why wait 7 days, the buyer 'appeals' and never completes the purchase any way, but all the while pushing 7 days to 14 days to complete the SNC.

4-10 days for SNC where each seller can CHOOSE their own time frame that suits them would be great. Since the 8th of Dec to date we already filed 10 SNC's !!!! Loosing more than a 100 bucks in NON refundable fees, having to wait 7 days & in some cases waiting up to 14 days for those buyers who appeals the SNC, while sitting with stock that could have been marketed and sold to someone!

What does BOB management think?

MK

lilythepink

I don't have any problem with the initial first 7 days' wait before I can file an SNC. That is fair enough.

However, the buyer should be given no more than 48 hours within which to respond! It's this second 7-day period which I think is so unfair for sellers. The buyers often respond stating that they intend to pay but never ever do!

Edited by lilythepink

RISadler
int main(void) {
    while ($horse === $dead) {
         flog();
         }
    }

Miss Jewels
I don't have any problem with the initial first 7 days' wait before I can file an SNC. That is fair enough.

However, the buyer should be given no more than 48 hours within which to respond! It's this second 7-day period which I think is so unfair of sellers. The buyers often respond stating that they intend to pay but never ever do!

I think the initial SNC is in agreement by all. It's the 7 day wait thereafter to appeal and .then the possiblity of still no payment. 48 Hours is very reasonable as T & C's are visual for all on the site so there is little/no excuse for late payment.

ATA STAMP CENTRE

HI

I agree that 7 days is fair,but what is the point of allowing an snc appeal.If the seller can relist immediately he files an snc then that item is not available anymore so even if the buyer appeals the snc and wants to pay he has in most cases been informed the item is no longer available and not to pay anymore.I therefore cannot see the reason for the snc appeal.

bob obviously want to protect their success fees as long as possible and give the buyer every opportunity to complete the sale

neil

Miss Jewels
HI

I agree that 7 days is fair,but what is the point of allowing an snc appeal.If the seller can relist immediately he files an snc then that item is not available anymore so even if the buyer appeals the snc and wants to pay he has in most cases been informed the item is no longer available and not to pay anymore.I therefore cannot see the reason for the snc appeal.

bob obviously want to protect their success fees as long as possible and give the buyer every opportunity to complete the sale

neil

Neil, I totally agree. SNC = Sale not complete! It does not read "SNC pending buyers decision to purchase" I would be more than happy if a decision is taken to declare the sale nul and void after the SNC has been filed after 7 days.

qball

Sorry folks, this is not going to be changed.

Miss Jewels

Hi qball. Question please. If a seller has T & C's clearly stating that an item must be paid within a certain period and if not done, item will be relisted ....,Is the filing of the SNC merely a formality and can we relist our items immediately after filing?

RISadler

See? I told you so... :nuts:

qball
Hi qball. Question please. If a seller has T & C's clearly stating that an item must be paid within a certain period and if not done, item will be relisted ....,Is the filing of the SNC merely a formality and can we relist our items immediately after filing?

Filing the SNC is merely a formality, so your suggestion is fine with us. For example, should a seller state payment within 72 hours and no payment is forthcoming, you are welcome to relist the item. The seller also has the opportunity to confirm if payment is received if a buyer appeals and states still plans to pay. We already pay sellers millions of Rands back due to SNC's, so it's not about protecting our revenue as many suggest... :surprised:

Better yet, why don't we remove SNC's completely? :grin:

RISadler
Better yet, why don't we remove SNC's completely?

OK by me. We can always make up the loss through ridiculous postage and 8% insurance levy.

qball

Sure, for a week or so then we will blacklist you...

RISadler
Sure, for a week or so then we will blacklist you...

And then I just create another account. :razz:

qball

We'll blacklist that one too... :suspicious:

RISadler

.. then I'll create another one... and another one... and another one... and then I'll probably stop. :nuts:

qball

And we will blacklist, blacklist, blacklist, and then institute legal proceedings against you, hire a PI to locate you and send some large Nigerians around to give you some friendly advice... :laugh: aaahhh if only...???:wondering:

RISadler

Nigerians??? What are those wusses going to do? Mmmmm, mow the lawn, prune the hedges... when do they arrive? :laugh:

lilythepink

No man, RI - they'll dismantle your alarm system, boot you out of your house and set up a spaza shop in your garage!

brands online
And we will blacklist, blacklist, blacklist, and then institute legal proceedings against you, hire a PI to locate you and send some large Nigerians around to give you some friendly advice... :laugh: aaahhh if only...???:wondering:

Nigerians??? What are those wusses going to do? Mmmmm, mow the lawn, prune the hedges... when do they arrive? :laugh:

Now now gentlemen, stick to the topic please and avoid nasty confrontations... :razz:

qball

Brands, you are absolutely right, let's stick to the topic... :grin:

lilythepink
Brands, you are absolutely right, let's stick to the topic... :grin:

Reminds me of the old Elvis Presley song "Stuck on you"! (Sorry, I couldn't help but post this!) :hm: