Sign in to follow this  
Cali Craft and Gems

How to avoid paying success fees

MsPlod
Unfortunately we will not be implementing any guidelines or a specific policy outlining what is and is not acceptable. It is reasonable to assume that if the PO charges 2%, so should the seller, this does not have to be written "into law", as such.

As we have previously explained - we cannot write any guidelines or policies around such an issue, purely because of the multitude of different shipping options available, differing costs, insurances charged, seller location etc.

Please report suspected high shipping charges to communitywatch@bidorbuy.co.za and we will continue to act upon it.

Thank you.

Cuan

OK - congratulations on at least being prepared to take punitive steps to deal with the transgressors.

The advantage of a standard/policy/clear guideline is that it lays out the "law" for all sellers and thus would ensure that there is a perception of fairness.

If BoB wants to take on the challenge of the extra CW reporting then fantastic!

ZoneMan

Well here's a new one from CarltonPhones

*** THIS IS A UK ITEM - COURIER CHARGE IS R449 (5-10 days) -Â YOU PAY R449 COURIER FOR EVERY U.K. AUCTION YOU WIN AS SOME ITEMS MIGHT BE DROP SHIPPED***

WE DONT COMBINE POSTAGE AS THE SAME PROCESS IS FOLLOWED WITH EVERY UK ITEM. Postage covers COURIER COST, INSURANCE, VAT DUTY AND POSTAGE IN SA.

We COURIER YOUR ITEM from the U.K. ***WE DONT USE ROYAL MAIL*** ALL ITEMS ARE INSURED.

Postage will be via a SECURE COURIER to our warehouse in Potchefstroom. We would then post it to you via registered insured post if not posted to you directly.

Why COURIER: We have lost a few parcels over the last few months when we used airmail so decided to use a COURIER. This is more expensive however its worth it. After all it is your item and you want it to arrive safely.

Why post to Potchefstroom first: We take the hassle out of importing for you and track it all the way and insure it arrives on time. Once items reached Potchefstroom, they will be posted to you in one parcel. THIS SAVES YOU THE TROUBLE OF PAYING DUTIES

We regret but we cant combine postage on UK items although might post together. THIS IS OUR TERMS. (DON'T TELL US THAT YOU CAN DO IT CHEAPER OR THAT YOU KNOW THE COST).

IF YOU DON'T AGREE, DON'T BID. No collections - No exceptions.Please make sure you understand all this prior to bidding.All bids are final and no correspondence regarding postage will be entered into after the auction. If you don't agree, please DO NOT BID. Please don't send us abusive emails after the auction had finished.

Postage is NON REFUNDABLE UNLESS ITEM IS FAULTY. NO PAYERS ARE HANDED OVER. IN AN EVENT OF LOSS, CLAIMS CAN TAKE 90 DAYS

(I added the red)

Surely this shipping is his COST OF SALES and not shipping costs any more; and did he really ship these items one by one from the UK?

RAJRULES1

100% agree with you ZoneMan. From next year I am going to get my tattoo booklets directly from my friend living in the UK as well, and he will send it directly to me after which I will repackage it to make the items pretty (after all we all like to buy pretty stuff) R350 postage for each booklet is not bad, and you actually don't have to worry about customs, etc. as I will take care of all this headache for you!!:grin: I aim to please!