Sign in to follow this  
ATA STAMP CENTRE

Seriously looking for teddy lester series books

ATA STAMP CENTRE

HI

If any forum reader can help i would be most grateful-There was a series of 6 books by john finnemore about teddy lester.Schoolboy fiction stories about life in a fictitious british school called slapton high.I would like to purchase any of the six if anyone has them-Condition not important as long as they are readable.thank you

NEIL

mikerose

Teddy Lester books

Hi

I came across your request for Teddy Lester books. I have at present five of the books. The only one missing is Teddy Lester Captain of cricket. You will find below a description of the books and should you want to purchase them, I am asking R2000.00 for the five plus postage. I live in Durban South Africa

Please let me know if you are interested.

Regards

Mike Rosenthal

A set of 5 Teddy Lester novels(only one missing!! as he wrote 6!!) by John Finnemore

They are as follows

Lesters Chums

Teddy Lesters Schooldays

Teddy Lester in the Fifth

Three School Chums

His First Term A Story of Slapton School

Published by W & R Chambers Limited, only one book states a date of 1934 reprint, the others have gift inscriptions dating early 1940,s

All have blue covers, the owners had cut the spine pic & placed it on the front cover & cut out the front dustjacket or part of it & stuck it on the front end paper to most of them.

Bindings are relatively good only Lesters Chums is showing netting & has sellotape.

These books are very scarce to find especially the Chambers editions & sell in excess of US$100 each.

These are very good reading copies or a collectable collection of days gone past.

186829_111003105003_teddy_1_001.jpg

186829_111003105021_teddy_2_001.jpg

186829_111003105039_teddy_3_001.jpg186829_111003105056_teddy_4_001.jpg

186829_111003105114_teddy_5_001.jpg

Edited by admin
Removed contact details