Sign in to follow this  
Howard Neill

Help! Where are my pictures

Guest MacMuffin
Why must we thank somebody for (a) fixing a problem they themselves caused, and (b) for actually doing their job, which if they had done it right in the first place, we wouldn't have had point (a)? :mad:

Seeing that you work in IT it should be more than obvious to you that failures and downtime do occur without anyone making changes. Unfortunately (regardless of all the redundancy in place), bidorbuy still relies on upstream providers, data-centres and occasionally software fails (such as our application servers crashing).

We attend to outages quickly which is part of our job (and no, we don't introduce bugs to make extra money - that's just stupid and immature) and appreciate the community and their support.

On a lighter note, I do hope that you will get over your xmas-grinch mood in the next 3 weeks :wink:

1581871_101217120301_grinch.jpg

qball

Ok, folks, let's all settle down. I'll try make sure the tech guys don't cause any further problems, seeing as they are paid to make things work... :rolleyes:

wayjen

Mac, when you list something and you load a thumbnail first you can use the gallery feature to retrieve that picture and use it in the description section of the listing but how do i access the gallery feature to get a picture for the thumbnail section if an old listing has lost its pictures?

thanks man.

Guest MacMuffin
Mac, when you list something and you load a thumbnail first you can use the gallery feature to retrieve that picture and use it in the description section of the listing but how do i access the gallery feature to get a picture for the thumbnail section if an old listing has lost its pictures?

Uploaded images for thumbnails appear in the same gallery. Best option if you need to update an existing listing's thumbnail is to use the gallery via the description section - you then just copy&paste the URL of the image into the thumbnail URL field.

A separate "browse gallery" for thumbnails is however a good idea, and something we can do.

RISadler
Seeing that you work in IT ...

Yes, I used to be an IT Janitor. Now I'm a comfortably well-off hermit.

On a lighter note, I do hope that you will get over your xmas-grinch mood in the next 3 weeks.

Why? What happens in three weeks?

I'll try make sure the tech guys don't cause any further problems, seeing as they are paid to make things work...

Wanna borrow my whip?

Guest MacMuffin
thanks bud much appreciated.

Merry XMAS and enjoy your prezzie!