Sign in to follow this  
Digitrade

Overseas Verified Seller?

JPBon    10
JPBon

Possibly is south african living abroad.... U need a SA Id ..doesnt say you must live here.

Digitrade    10
Digitrade

BidorBuy clearly states that buyers are not protected as stated in the Terms and Conditions for a claim against a Verified User:

In an effort to promote secure transaction methods and encourage buyers to make safe purchases, the bidorbuy Buyer Protection Programme does NOT cover the following situations:

1. Payments made by cash.
  2. Payments sent by wire transfer.
  3. Payments made by traveler's cheque.
  4. Payments sent to a post office box.
  5. Payments sent to any international location (i.e. outside of South Africa)

This seller only have the payment options available to a buyer that Bidorbuy DOES NOT cover in the event of a claim:

• Other Payment Methods - We accept Paypal, Visa and Mastercard Only, International wire transer

What is the use of this sellers verification status then?

JPBon    10
JPBon

Probably because most people do not read terms etc..so they are led into a false sense of security.

Miss Jewels    10
Miss Jewels

I need to refresh my own memory here.....Seller Not1CentMore said she cannot become a verified seller as she lives abroad. She can also not qualify for BoB eft. BoB says that they have a problem when the seller is overseas (eg. Alass/Flowerpak on line) because everything is out of their reach and cannot take action against these type of sellers. If BoB cannot offer protection or any form of gurantee, how can "outsiders" become verified? Then there is no justice in this system. Supporting overseas buyers is then very high risk (Alass) because there is not guarantee that you will receive your parcel or a possible refund (although Alass is trying to do refunds and being used as an example of the system). I feel that verified sellers should then be restricted to SA residents .

Possibly is south african living abroad.... U need a SA Id ..doesnt say you must live here.
Edited by Miss Jewels
buyers/sellers

Digitrade    10
Digitrade

If the item was paid for through PayPal, then you are first required to contact PayPal to request a claim.

Pay through PayPal, claim through PayPal.

RISadler    10
RISadler

I've finally read the "Buyer Protection Programme" and what a load of donkey-do!!! Things like:

• "Buyers may only make a maximum of two claims in a lifetime";
  • "Items that are picked up or delivered in person are not covered by the bidorbuy Buyer Protection Programme";
  • "the bidorbuy Buyer Protection Programme does NOT cover the following situations:
    • Payments sent to any international location;
    • Imported/dropshipped items sold by Verified Users".

The big question is... has anyone actually used this "programme" to successfully get some money back?

Miss Jewels    10
Miss Jewels

[*]"Buyers may only make a maximum of two claims in a lifetime";

[*]"Items that are picked up or delivered in person are not covered by the bidorbuy Buyer Protection Programme";

[*]"the bidorbuy Buyer Protection Programme does NOT cover the following situations:

• Fully agree with RISadler!

• Payments sent to any international location; Then why are international sellers allowed to trade on BoB if there is no protection?

• Imported/dropshipped items sold by Verified Users". Again, why is dropshipping then allowed? The ruler should live by his rules, whoever made them.

The big question is... has anyone actually used this "programme" to successfully get some money back?

I've raised questions before regarding international sellers trading on BoB, as has others. BoB feels this is an international site and all should be able to trade. If international sellers are permitted to trade, buyers should have protection.

Not1CentMore    10
Not1CentMore

Miss Jewels...you are correct. 'Once Upon A Time', prior to BoB implementing new policies, I was a verified seller. Now, under the new policies, I cannot become verified as I do not reside in SA and do not have a SA ID. I cannot get a SA bank account (heaven knows, I have tried several times in the last few years) as I do not meet the requirements for opening an account. Without a SA bank account, I cannot offer buyers the option of remitting payment via BoBPay.

I am PCI DSS Verified, as mandated by all credit card companies, so I am able to accept (direct) payment via all major credit cards (not once in over five years has any credit card been misused or compromised) and am PayPal Business Verified...an option for buyers who do not wish to provide their sensitive credit card information.

IF / WHEN BoB's policies change and overseas sellers can become verified, I will pass myself running to be the first in line.

Ruthie

Miss Jewels    10
Miss Jewels
Miss Jewels...you are correct. 'Once Upon A Time', prior to BoB implementing new policies, I was a verified seller. Now, under the new policies, I cannot become verified as I do not reside in SA and do not have a SA ID. I cannot get a SA bank account (heaven knows, I have tried several times in the last few years) as I do not meet the requirements for opening an account. Without a SA bank account, I cannot offer buyers the option of remitting payment via BoBPay.

I am PCI DSS Verified, as mandated by all credit card companies, so I am able to accept (direct) payment via all major credit cards (not once in over five years has any credit card been misused or compromised) and am PayPal Business Verified...an option for buyers who do not wish to provide their sensitive credit card information.

IF / WHEN BoB's policies change and overseas sellers can become verified, I will pass myself running to be the first in line.

Ruthie

And you deserve to be a verified seller Ruthie! I just wish that once decisions have been made, they will be strictly followed and not handed out randomly to those who think they deserve it. You have all the neccessary requirements, and more! I feel BoB needs to take a good look at their members and then take their decisions. If an international seller qualifies for all the criteria, why not verified? An example : Alass was an international seller and had a payment option for BoB eft. What am I missing?

admin    0
admin
Alass was an international seller and had a payment option for BoB eft. What am I missing?

The fact that he has a SA bank account. :wink:

Miss Jewels    10
Miss Jewels
The fact that he has a SA bank account. :wink:
Thanks, that solves one mystery. So if an international seller applies for a SA bank account and it's approved, can they apply for BoB verification? Or are there other things to be taken into account?

JPBon    10
JPBon

SA Id, SA Bank account are just two

Miss Jewels    10
Miss Jewels
SA Id, SA Bank account are just two
Then I'd ask the question if Alass is/was a SA resident with an SA id book?

admin    0
admin
Then I'd ask the question if Alass is/was a SA resident with an SA id book?

Then I would say that he was not a verified seller, so this has no relevance on the topic of this thread, Overseas Verified Seller? and there is an open thread about him.

Miss Jewels    10
Miss Jewels

There is another thread where the answer is very clear. The two most important docs needed for a verified seller is SA ID book and SA bank account. Maybe we should just all change our address to some overseas location, make money out of postage and sit back and relax. I cannot understand how all this is possible. Admin, please shed some light on this, because we're very much in the dark right now.