Sign in to follow this  
TracyLove

Overrated group (iPhone 3GS) refunds??

TracyLove

Has any one else experienced problems with the overrated group, i bought an iPhone 3GS 32 gig from them, still haven't received it, and there is talk of a refund but nothing happens.

I just want to know if anyone else is in the same predicament as I am??

Tracy

brands online
Has any one else experienced problems with the overrated group, i bought an iPhone 3GS 32 gig from them, still haven't received it, and there is talk of a refund but nothing happens.

Tracy

Hi Tracy, welcome to the forum.

Please post links to the sale/seller in question.

Thanks

RAJRULES1

Sori to say this but I think you have lost out.

Some things are tooo good to be true, unfortunately.

ATA STAMP CENTRE

HI

It is really sad when buyers are ripped off like this-I see most are also newbies who have no experience of the pitfalls for the unwary on these high end items.Surely there must be someway to educate the new buyers.Perhaps there should be advice boxes to read as they register and they must tick these before they move on to next step.I think bob can devise something like this and point out what to look for when purchasing and the type of items where people are mostly scammed.From what i have seen it is blackberry phones,i phones,laptops and jewellery

Just a suggestion to make bob a safer trading site

neil

Digitrade

If you read the Q&A's on this link, it is stated by the seller that the phones are not available in SA, that it will only be ordered once payment reflects in their accounts. THE RED LIGHTS SHOULD START FLASHING! Buyers should always verify with Bidorbuy first if the seller has permission to dropship. Rather play it safe. Do your homework before buying. This also seems like a "MediaTech" case to me - Seller got scammed by his "supplier"?

ATA STAMP CENTRE

HI DIGITRADE

Thats the problem.New buyers dont know what dropshipping is and they do not know they can be scammed and also they do not know what to look out for-That is why they need to be educated somehow for the future of bob and all us sellers.There is just too many of these type of "sellers" around that take chances and then hide behind the "supplier dropped us"excuse.

neil

JPBon

I agree whole heartedly ...whatever one sells should be in ones possession at the time of listing. Otherwise I could sell you the Rolls I intend on purchasing if I win the lottery.

Little Miss Muffet

R40,000 richer plus postage. The sad thing is that there are so many new buyers which is not a very good thing for Bob or us as users.

RISadler

There's an easy solution for this problem.

Digitrade

There's an easy solution for this problem.

I have reported MANY illegal dropshippers in the past. I feel that their accounts should be disabled immediatly. Bidorbuy needs to take much stricter actions against these users. THEY ALL DO THIS KNOWING THAT IT IS AGAINST THE RULES! Why do you have to warn them and ask them nicely to stop? Bidorbuy should delete all their listings, with or without bids. At this stage they only get warned not to do this. Before you know it, they are doing the same thing again.

qball

Hi All - Please stick to the topic, or create a new thread, this is about a refund from the seller, not about drop shipping in general.

Our stance is as follows:

Drop shipping is not permitted as per our terms - I can tell you with almost 99% certainty that most sellers do not read the terms or the listing policy. In many instances it is not possible to know if someone is doing this, due to logistical and geographical reasons. We give the seller an opportunity to rectify the situation, if they can't they must refund. Should the seller continue to contravene the policy, we restrict them and remove their listings, however, in many cases they have already committed to sales and the buyers have already paid. The seller also has a responsibility to ensure they give all the relevant facts in their shipping and postage details.

I will, again, ask you to refrain from calling sellers scammers - in most cases this is not a scam. This is not fraud, and the only way to prove that is if a court of law finds the seller guilty of fraud. Labelling people as such has detrimental consequences for all on the site. The main issues is that they order the stock and it doesn't arrive or the shipment is held up by customs. The problem is these sellers do not realise the kinds of risks they are taking by placing orders with these "foreign" suppliers. However, it is nearly impossible to predict this or prevent it from happening as has been the case recently.

Should you not be able to get hold of the seller in question, we would recommend opening a criminal case of theft under false pretences against the seller, we will assist the police in any way we can.

Thread closed.

qball

Tracy

Tracy

Please contact our offices on 0861 88 0861 or email communitywatch@bidorbuy.co.za for assistance.

Thank you.