Sign in to follow this  
Morne b

GHD Products

qball
Mega Wholesale is selling GHD stylers and I would like to confirm whether these stylers are genuine, since they are claiming it is genuine.

Are you sure you have the correct seller? Mega Wholesale does not have any items listed at the moment.

This can be checked by checking the serial number on the GHD website. If the seller cannot supply this to you, then the chances are it is fake. The seller will be warned and asked to remove the items immediately, failure to respond to this can result in further action against them. The buyer also has recourse against the seller legally if the item is misrepresented.

Kind regards

Cuan

lilythepink

Delicious said: Girly hair crap :-). It straightens hair (like guys care?) without damaging the hair too much.

This is about the only time I am happy to have absolutely straight hair! LOL

qball

Dear Sellers

Effective immediately the sale of GHD's has been banned on the site. Should someone list a GHD, even if genuine, it will have to be removed.

Kind regards

Cuan

Delicious

@ Puresuz - have you reported via CW?

PureSuz

Hi Delicious, Yes i did :)

RAG Auctioneers

For interest sake, why have they been totally banned?

Was the situation getting out of control? :confused:

Delicious

I think pretty much the same reason as last time. Not enough people know about the website story and serial numbers, think they are getting an original, and then it breaks and there is no guarantee, and you've paid basically for the name and their guarantee. Too many people were putting fakes on again.

Morne b

Hi

There were numerous complaints received regarding GHD items where users tried to register them on there website and it turned out to be fakes.

Also GHD had no authorised dealer in SA until recently, and we then started allowing the sale of GHD items again but we required the necessary proof that they were original.

However the complaints have now started coming in again and we were also contacted by the copyright attorneys acting for GHD.

Therefore we have now again completely banned the sale of GHD on the bidorbuy site.

RAG Auctioneers

Ah, thanks for the insight Morne.

Makes sense - probably the best way to keep it under control.

A pity that a few sellers spoil it for the legitimate sellers.

Artemis Prime
Hi

There were numerous complaints received regarding GHD items where users tried to register them on there website and it turned out to be fakes.

Also GHD had no authorised dealer in SA until recently, and we then started allowing the sale of GHD items again but we required the necessary proof that they were original.

However the complaints have now started coming in again and we were also contacted by the copyright attorneys acting for GHD.

Therefore we have now again completely banned the sale of GHD on the bidorbuy site.

Hi Morne

What constitutes necessary proof? There are a lot of GHDs on sale again right now and I found myself in a situation where I'm tempted by the price but I still fear they can be fake. The sellers when asked, will say they have the holograms and serial numbers on the items but that's just their word on it.

Would it be possible to require all sellers of GHDs on here to take pictures of the holograms & tags on the cords of the flat-irons?

admin

Hi Artemis Prime,

The sale of GHD's are totally banned, so no proof is needed. I just did a search and could not find any GHD's on sale :confused:

If you see any on offer, please report it with the "spot a problem" link or send an email to communitywatch@bidorbuy.co.za

Thank you. ;)

Morne b

Hi

Unfortunately the fakes that were listed previously had the holograms & tags same as a original would have. In most cases the only time a user would know that it is a "fake" was when they tried to register the item on GHD website or when it gave them problems.

Therefore we have decided that NO GHD items are allowed to be sold on the site whether original or fake.