Sign in to follow this  
firedoor

WHEN to rate a seller

firedoor

This might be a silly question or has been asked before... Is the usual practice WAITING until goods are received and examined before rating the seller?

OR

If it's say, a DVD or an electronics item, wait until it is tested and in good working order before giving a rating? I just ordered a 40-DVD boxset and there is NO WAY I can test to make sure every single disc is in good working order until I have watched the entire series... You can imagine how long it will take to view 40 DVDs... but hey if somewhere down the line, say a few weeks later I find DVD #38 for example, defective... can I go to the buyer later on and say 'hey this DVD is defective can you replace it?' etc??? Do my questions make sense? :razz:

lilythepink

Your questions make absolute sense. Firstly, how long is the guarantee or warranty period stipulated in the listing on which you bid? Is there one? Secondly, if you have a problem, contact the seller immediately and try to negotiate how the problem can be solved.

Rating a seller - yes, as soon as the item is received and is as ordered, give the seller a positive rating. It's the right thing to do. (Do not rate a seller negatively if the parcel has been well wrapped but elephants at the PO have trampled on it, though - this is not the seller's fault!)

Hope this helps and you will carry on enjoying buying on BoB.

MsPlod

You can check all forty DVDs for scratches, breakages, etc. as well as to see whether each of them plays (i.e. a menu and starts appropriately from the menu). Yes that will take an hour or so but it might be worth it. If there are problems - don't use the ratings - rather email the seller first to sort out the problem.

Suggest that you rate with something to the effect of...

"Item received thank you. Have not checked each DVD fully but appear to be fine, no apparent scratches or glitches." You might also add something like "well shipped" or "fast shipping" if it is appropriate?

MsPlod

Ha ha ha - the Beak beat me to it...

Quick on the draw (keyboard) is our dear bird!