Sign in to follow this  
brands online

SAPO Strikes Today!!!

brands online    10
brands online

:wtf::wtf: - :mad: :shock::disgusted:Just back from the post office. Apparently they're striking, refused to accept my parcels and don't know when this is going to end. Is this so en wat the hel nou?

Edited by brands online

wayjen    10
wayjen

what????? my wife is going there in about an hours time.

brands online    10
brands online
what????? my wife is going there in about an hours time.

I would you suggest you call them first wayjen. This is the pits!

brands online    10
brands online

Pls let me know if this is everywhere as they claim. Apparently ALL postal worker have downed tools, persay. After a year of 'boosting' their turnover they turn on us now. Where's the spirit of Christmas?

louvaine    10
louvaine

not all Po's I . apparently they ( PO staff )did receive an email stating that the strike has been canceled .. I guess some did not read or get the email ..I just spoke to a lady that work at Witspos and apparently it's some PO's in Cape town and PTA being affected and on strike ..

brands online    10
brands online

Just got off the phone with a lady at Capemail. You can actually hear them toy-toyeing and rioting outside. She says SAPO is definitely striking. They've received a mail saying they're not supposed to be striking, but union members chased them out of the offices earlier. They're now locked inside their offices those that are there. Staff members are fuming as 'bosses' received bonuses and not them or something like the usual. She also has no idea when the strike is ending...:worried:

wayjen    10
wayjen

people must lay charges of intimidation and being held hostage against strikers when this happens.

retailrush    10
retailrush

I was at the post office in North Riding (Randburg) this morning and all was OK there!!

brands online    10
brands online
I was at the post office in North Riding (Randburg) this morning and all was OK there!!

That's great for you guys/gals up in jhb. But Capemail is also striking, so all mail coming here is delayed too...

ATA STAMP CENTRE    10
ATA STAMP CENTRE

HI

It is a wildcat one day strike due to incentives negotiated at last settlement not being implemented yet,On the plus side i did not notice the service was any worse than it normally is!!

NEIL

wayjen    10
wayjen

Doors closed at the Howard Centre Post Office in Pinelands.

JPBon    10
JPBon

I would say rather do not post on a day they are striking or the Elephants might dance on the parcels.

babyface2    10
babyface2

just came from post office. no word of a strike at hayfields branch pmb.

ATA STAMP CENTRE    10
ATA STAMP CENTRE

HI

Just something i noticed today-Affirmative action has still not brought responsibilty.My local po has affirmative appointed postmaster and chief cashier and guess what-they were the only two on strike.All the clerks and everyone else seemed to be on duty.

Brainwashing will take two generations to cleanse and then maybe we can look ahead

NEIL

Kit W    10
Kit W

Hi Neil

I totally agree with you regarding the affirmative appointments. My wife & I went to "Trueworthnothing" today to purchase a gift voucher, only to be told that the Manageress was the only person that could assist us. After a 30 minute wait I told them to forget about it - she was talking to her friends!!! Now I ask, who do you report the Manageress to? Needless to say they will never see my custom again. The same attitude is rife in all businesses today - take it or leave it

Regards

Kit

wayjen    10
wayjen

On that note Kit, who saw the article on Morning Live this morning regarding absenteeism with teachers well I sent Morning Live an email regarding that and school pupils in general. Today it is no more a "calling" to a profession but a job and with that job comes the knowing that if I do what I want there are no repercussion, I have my democratic right to do what I want. I also mentioned that some school kids do not want to be at school and it is very clear by their actions that being there is a chore they have to do. I have seen kids stroll to school even after they get told the gates will be shut at 8am they even stroll to school at 9am.

So basically it boils down to "I don't care" and that happens everywhere. Today it is a pleasant surprise but not the norm to see a friendly polite person behind a counter or desk.

JPBon    10
JPBon

So basically it boils down to "I don't care" and that happens everywhere. Today it is a pleasant surprise but not the norm to see a friendly polite person behind a counter or desk.

I normally pass out and feint when I get any service these days. On that note capitec were the last to impress me.

Kit W    10
Kit W
On that note Kit, who saw the article on Morning Live this morning regarding absenteeism with teachers well I sent Morning Live an email regarding that and school pupils in general. Today it is no more a "calling" to a profession but a job and with that job comes the knowing that if I do what I want there are no repercussion, I have my democratic right to do what I want. I also mentioned that some school kids do not want to be at school and it is very clear by their actions that being there is a chore they have to do. I have seen kids stroll to school even after they get told the gates will be shut at 8am they even stroll to school at 9am.

I normally pass out and feint when I get any service these days. On that note capitec were the last to impress me.

There is no job pride nor time-management with the "new" generation when dealing with the general public, everything is treated as a burden. Glad to hear about Capitec - I have had my "eye" on them for a while now and is pleasing to hear that you are treated with respect. My bank think that they are doing me great favours all the time. Just a decent "Good Morning" will create a pleasant conversation with customers

Thanks

JPBon    10
JPBon
There is no job pride nor time-management with the "new" generation when dealing with the general public, everything is treated as a burden. Glad to hear about Capitec - I have had my "eye" on them for a while now and is pleasing to hear that you are treated with respect. My bank think that they are doing me great favours all the time. Just a decent "Good Morning" will create a pleasant conversation with customers

Thanks

I had the nicest "gentleman" help me, I was very impressed, went to open an account for my nephew and landed up opening one for myself. Their system is also really good. and friendly I can only reccomend

Kit W    10
Kit W
I had the nicest "gentleman" help me, I was very impressed, went to open an account for my nephew and landed up opening one for myself. Their system is also really good. and friendly I can only reccomend

I am going to open an account there in the New Year - I have an investment that matures in June '11 so by then I will have a good feel about them. According to the AFR's Capitec are doing very well - my 2c worth

JPBon    10
JPBon

One thing I have noticed is that Efts show up faster than when i was at another bank.

mellowred    10
mellowred

Hennie recently opened a Capitec account. It's a nice change to have the interest earned exceeding the bank charges every month.

Am seriously considering closing my Standard Bank account and moving to Capitec.

Standard Bank's service is disgusting. I'm convinced the bank is owned, managed and fully staffed by call centre clerks. And the branches are just as bad. Even the Branch managers have no authority to make decisions. Even they have to call the call centres to get answers to your queries. :push:

JPBon    10
JPBon
Hennie recently opened a Capitec account. It's a nice change to have the interest earned exceeding the bank charges every month.

Am seriously considering closing my Standard Bank account and moving to Capitec.

Standard Bank's service is disgusting. I'm convinced the bank is owned, managed and fully staffed by call centre clerks. And the branches are just as bad. Even the Branch managers have no authority to make decisions. Even they have to call the call centres to get answers to your queries. :push:

So far I am impressed.

louvaine    10
louvaine

OK .. Cape . DBN, and PTA striking .. Witspos will not be on strike .. this from a person who work's at Witspos Hub ...