Sign in to follow this  
Miss Jewels

Shipping from outside South Africa

Miss Jewels

I recently spoke to one of my suppliers (who suppliers many other sellers) and the quoted section below was sent to me regarding their new shipping programme. Note there are many suppliers currently offering this option with different shipping costs. This is purely an example of one.

They also cannot guarantee customs duty totals as each country has their own tables that they work according to,

The item is shipped directly to the client . No middle-man, hence no registered mail from within SA inbetween.

I'm sure this will clear up a lot of asked and unasked questions relating to the topic. I think we just need final clarity as to the term "dropshipping" on BoB.

"If you would like to sell jewelry online without the trouble of maintaining inventory, here is a program just for you. The following are some of the commonly asked questions for a dropship program:

What is a Dropshipping?

A dropshipping is a service offered by a manufacturer or a wholesale distributor who will ship single item orders to your customers. You, as the retailer will be providing images, descriptions of the items on your website at a retail price. Once you receive an order on them, you can place the order on our website using the following link: . ( ) and we in turn will ship the item directly to your customer.

What are the advantages of drop ship?

A. No Inventory management

B. There are no minimum order requirements.

C. You can set your retail price at your convenience.

What is the shipping duration for such orders?

All drop ship orders are shipped within 24-48 hrs after the order is placed. Also, orders placed on the weekend will be shipped the following Monday.

Should I collect the payment from my customer before I place the order with your?

We recommend that you collect the money from the customer before you place the order with us.

Does ( )require a minimum order amount for the Drop Ship Program?

Currently, there are no minimum order requirements for the drop ship program.

Is there an invoice that is shipped to my customer?

There will be no invoices included in the package and neither will they disclose our identity. Only a packing slip that has an item number and the quantity with some basic shipping information will be provided to the customer.

What are the costs involved in shipping this product to the customer?

The following are the shipping costs for each shipping address:

Shipping Method

Original Price

Discounted Price

First Class Mail : $7 Priority Mail : $10 Next Day Air : $17.50 International Priority : $17.50 First Class International : $6.50

Asha Craft Jewellery

Hi Miss Jewels. I have not yet dealt with a supplier that pays the customs duties and vat from their side, have you? Just wondering about the claim from certain sellers on Bidorbuy (dropshippers) that customs duties and vat is added to their shipping charge.

qball

I believe this is possible depending on the type of shipping service used. I think courier companies will charge the duties etc. to the supplier so the buyer does not have to pay them.

Miss Jewels

Hi AC. If you use DHL or FedEx, they actually call you beforehand and inform you of the shipment. They also give you an estimated cost for the import. This total is then paid over to them and has absolutely no bearing on the supplier. Postage is paid to the supplier when placing the order. Customs taxes are also only calculated on the day the item arrives in South Africa, not before, as the R$ changes daily. I use FedEx but only bring in bulk. The companies offering dropshipping actually stipulate that Customs can impose import taxes on the goods and that they are not responsible for these costs. So yes, not too sure about these claims from certain sellers (and there are currently quite a few). I have never yet, in my 2½ years, ever experienced this. My ideal is sell my jewelery, not my postage. My pennies worth.

Hi Miss Jewels. I have not yet dealt with a supplier that pays the customs duties and vat from their side, have you? Just wondering about the claim from certain sellers on Bidorbuy (dropshippers) that customs duties and vat is added to their shipping charge.