Sign in to follow this  
mellowred

Which category is best for old reference books?

mellowred    10
mellowred

I have a huge selection of very old text and reference books relating to various subjects including: bird watching, psychology, cooking, the arts and theatre, science and several other obscure subjects.

I'm unsure which categories to list under. Which is best: collectibles, text books or non fiction?

They are old (some from the 20s and 30s) but they are also reference books.

Where would they get the most views?

BumbleBabe    10
BumbleBabe

Wow, are you planning on selling the lot as one?

mellowred    10
mellowred
Wow, are you planning on selling the lot as one?

No, individually. These books are from various sources. For instance I have a number of child psychology books, but they are from the 50s (still in very good condition).

I'm not sure if someone who is looking for a reference or text book would be interested in such old editions(?) But if they use them to compare today's opinions to those of 1/2 a century ago, they may be interested.

I'm thinking of putting them up on auction for R10 each as I have no idea if they have any value or not.

Edited by mellowred

BumbleBabe    10
BumbleBabe

Maybe collectible would be best

mellowred    10
mellowred

I think so too.

BumbleBabe    10
BumbleBabe

Under education and children's books, I dont think it will do well. They are not part of the system any more. Only my opinion but I think the only people that would pay more would be collectors.

mellowred    10
mellowred

They are definitely not children's books. Very complicated case studies, technical details and so forth.

I also have a few sexual dysfunction books ... no idea who they came from ... LOL.