Sign in to follow this  
schoemjs

Tracking number

schoemjs    10
schoemjs

Can a seller obtain a tracking number without handing in the parcel at the PO. I have won an auction and the next day the seller give me a tracking number and also informed me that the item will be posted 7 days later or sooner, but will confirm the tracking number.

ATA STAMP CENTRE    10
ATA STAMP CENTRE

HI

That is quite acceptable as you may obtain the speed service slips and registered slips from th post office before you send the item.You can then place this slip on the parcel and this will be the tracking no for that particular parcel.I regularly do this and i can then email the tracking no. to the buyer before i go to the post office.However the tracking no. will only reflect on the post office system once the parcel is handed in and scanned into the system at the counter.

neil

BumbleBabe    10
BumbleBabe

I never send tracking numbers before I post, even though I have the stickers and numbers. I see it as a conformation that the parcel has been posted.

Sellers really should not do this.

ATA STAMP CENTRE    10
ATA STAMP CENTRE
I never send tracking numbers before I post, even though I have the stickers and numbers. I see it as a conformation that the parcel has been posted.

Sellers really should not do this.

HI

I do this every day and works perfectly for me.As i parcel and work online with each order it makes sense to insert the tracking number with the order as you complete it.The date of despatch is also stated,normally for that same day but sometimes a day or two later.Once parcels are done i then go to the po and despatch all for that day.Buyers are very happy to have this information asap.IF i had to first despatch and then come back and insert tracking numbers into each order again it is double work and time wasted-

I think 7000 PLUS positive ratings and happy clients is proof in the pudding

NEIL

BumbleBabe    10
BumbleBabe
HI

I do this every day and works perfectly for me.As i parcel and work online with each order it makes sense to insert the tracking number with the order as you complete it.The date of despatch is also stated,normally for that same day but sometimes a day or two later.Once parcels are done i then go to the po and despatch all for that day.Buyers are very happy to have this information asap.IF i had to first despatch and then come back and insert tracking numbers into each order again it is double work and time wasted-

I think 7000 PLUS positive ratings and happy clients is proof in the pudding

NEIL

Firstly I am not attacking you.

If you do state when it will be posted, then yes its fine. But some sellers send you a tracking number to shut you up and then post before you notice. I have only a few so I do it this way and my buyers are very happy with it.

Again I think it comes down to communication.

ATA STAMP CENTRE    10
ATA STAMP CENTRE

HI

Quite right it is the communication that counts.The way i do it is almost instant attention and information to the client and their parcel and works very well for me and the buyer .Only problem i have had is when the po clerk makes an error of sorts and has to replace the reg label.I then have to send new tracking no. for that parcel which could make me look incompetent instead of the po.Luckily has only happened once or twice

neil

BumbleBabe    10
BumbleBabe
HI

Quite right it is the communication that counts.The way i do it is almost instant attention and information to the client and their parcel and works very well for me and the buyer .Only problem i have had is when the po clerk makes an error of sorts and has to replace the reg label.I then have to send new tracking no. for that parcel which could make me look incompetent instead of the po.Luckily has only happened once or twice

neil

When I get as busy as you,I may just adopt your system. And yes they make a mistake and we have to pay for it, but we have good standing with the postal workers at our PO and they really help us out where they can.

kebs    10
kebs

I also do this - have all the stickers etc at home to save time at the post office. I email buyers with the tracking number as soon as their parcel is ready, but also state when it will be posted, & that it can take 24 hours after that to show on the SAPO tracking system..

BumbleBabe    10
BumbleBabe
I also do this - have all the stickers etc at home to save time at the post office. I email buyers with the tracking number as soon as their parcel is ready, but also state when it will be posted, & that it can take 24 hours after that to show on the SAPO tracking system..

It does save time, at home and PO. You can make note of what number goes with which buyer and you dont have to rely on the PO to give you the right info. When you post a hole lot, one mistake can lead to a huge problem.

Miss Jewels    10
Miss Jewels

I also send tracking number beforehand and inform the buyers when their parcel will be posted. Normally within 2 hours of sending the tracking numbers or if I send tracking numbers the evening, I inform them the parcel will be posted the following day. I also post on Sundays (as it's quite) and inform them accordingly. There is no postal deliveries on a Sunday, so the post is only collected the Monday, and I inform accordingly. It's worked by for for the past 6 months and I've not had one query regarding my methode. The main thing is the clients want their parcels ASAP and most times, if they've got the tracking number and they can track it themselves, they feel more comfortable.

Asha Craft Jewellery    10
Asha Craft Jewellery

Same here, I pre-assign the tracking numbers as the parcels are packed. Then in the same message to the buyer I state where it can be tracked, how long it takes to arrive and also that the tracking nr will be updated onto the postal system within 24hrs.