Sign in to follow this  
co_bra

Crazy r1 auction every day of the week

co_bra

Hi

I like to make a suggestion... Why not give each catagory a different day for a crazy auction for instant Mon.......Jewellery,clothing and anything for personal use. On Tuesday...... say hobbies,toys and sports equipment and Wed... antiques and household goods and so on.

I think if every catagory had their day it might stop people sneeking an item into the wrong catagory on wednesday auction trying to grab the limelight and then it will also boost Bob as having continuous attraction to your site. If there are to many then say morning and afternoon auctions on one day for different catagories.

Thank you

Co_bra

Kit W

Hi Co_bra

There is only one problem with your suggestion - some people list items in multiple categories so they will have no benefit any longer. Th idea in principle is a good one

Thanks

JPBon

I find that they slow down sales on the rest of the site...already, that would bring all other sales to a halt.

MsPlod

Wonder whether a one-hour crazy auction would take off?

meeks

I very much doubt it. All the preparation before auctions, (taking pics,loading onto pc, etc. before getting to actually compiling listing) - a lot of work for just 1 hour (or one day) exposure?, thus, just not worth the effort, or the listing fees.

ATA STAMP CENTRE

HI

Sorry but that is not logical.CRAZY WED did not just "happen".It took a while to be established and gain the popularity it now has.Three years ago i remember the crazy wed auctions with few listings and sellers only put low value items and rubbish to clear.

Slowly some sellers started listing better quality and more expensive items and the crazy wed evolved into the success it is now.ANY other day for R1 crazy auctions just will not work. or will take so long to get going that sellers will stop supporting it before it gets off the ground.Good advice will be to close normal listings on any other day and not wednesday as sellers are busy watching crazy wed and could miss those other listings that close on wednesday.

NEIL

dstorm
HI

Good advice will be to close normal listings on any other day and not wednesday as sellers are busy watching crazy wed and could miss those other listings that close on wednesday.

Exactly.

I never close my BuyNow listings on a Tuesday or a Wednesday.

Guest Guest

I lost R6840.00 on one of those fast auctions on ebay! :nuts: Scammers thrive on those auctions.

Edited by Edmund1000

Little Miss Muffet
Exactly.

I never close my BuyNow listings on a Tuesday or a Wednesday.

I dont know if you do the crazy Wednesday auctions but closing a "Buy now" on a Tues or Wed is a good idea because if users are looking at your crazy Wed auctions they could go to your site and see what else you have for sale

MsPlod

Blush and DUH!!! Had not thought about the potential for scamming on a 1 hour crazy - t'was a dof idea!!:embarrest:

I dont know if you do the crazy Wednesday auctions but closing a "Buy now" on a Tues or Wed is a good idea because if users are looking at your crazy Wed auctions they could go to your site and see what else you have for sale

This is very true - I often look at a seller's page and sort by and those items that end near a crazy auction are more likely to get a look in.

BumbleBabe
Blush and DUH!!! Had not thought about the potential for scamming on a 1 hour crazy - t'was a dof idea!!:embarrest:

This is very true - I often look at a seller's page and sort by and those items that end near a crazy auction are more likely to get a look in.

For the auctions yes, but buy now makes no difference when it closes.

MsPlod
For the auctions yes, but buy now makes no difference when it closes.

You're right about the buy now - however, buy nows which end around the same time as the crazy auction also get seen (by me) more frequently than buy nows which end at other times (unless I am looking for something in particular).

BumbleBabe
You're right about the buy now - however, buy nows which end around the same time as the crazy auction also get seen (by me) more frequently than buy nows which end at other times (unless I am looking for something in particular).

Ok I get what you are saying now, thanks. Its nice to have a buyer here to help and give advice.

MsPlod
Ok I get what you are saying now, thanks. Its nice to have a buyer here to help and give advice.

LOL! Sometimes my advice is SOOOO way off that I blush for days :laugh:

lilythepink

But what about a "Lucky Tuesday" or "Thrifty Thursday" auction, where sellers could put items under R1 000.00 up for sale for a few hours? Could be fun?