Sign in to follow this  
wayjen

I Am Worried That This Deal Might Be Suspect.

wayjen

Please look at the questions and answers I have on a guitar we are selling and see what vibe you get as this person wants to bid and pay on viewing the item. I have a strange feeling about this one and feel I should delete the bid.

What you guys think?

Acoustic/Electric - Takamine EG230 Acoustic / Electric – mini-Jumbo Guitar. for sale in Cape Town (ID:29828636)

I hope this link works.

BumbleBabe

Could just be me but it feels like he is trying to make a simple thing complicated. :worried:

wayjen

thats how i feel. he bids comes to Cape Town on 18th to "view" the guitar and then decides either to take it or leave it, makes no sense to me.

BumbleBabe
thats how i feel. he bids comes to Cape Town on 18th to "view" the guitar and then decides either to take it or leave it, makes no sense to me.

I would answer the Q&A again by saying "payment is due after bid is won and no collections are allowed . If you dont agree with these terms I am willing to delete your bid".

Miss Jewels

Hi Wayjen. I'd let the auction run, and the winning bidder takes the goods. If the person in question is still interested, let him have a look on 18th, and IF the item is still available, put it on a Buy Now for him.

Please look at the questions and answers I have on a guitar we are selling and see what vibe you get as this person wants to bid and pay on viewing the item. I have a strange feeling about this one and feel I should delete the bid.

Sorry, missed that he is the winning bidder currently, but the above still stays. I agree with BumbleBabe. My exact words.

What you guys think?

Acoustic/Electric - Takamine EG230 Acoustic / Electric – mini-Jumbo Guitar. for sale in Cape Town (ID:29828636)

I hope this link works.

Edited by Miss Jewels
additional comment

wayjen

I don't mind the collection part cause we offer that but how about I say he must pay BoB rather after winning the bid instead of bringing the cash?

wayjen
Hi Wayjen. I'd let the auction run, and the winning bidder takes the goods. If the person in question is still interested, let him have a look on 18th, and IF the item is still available, put it on a Buy Now for him.

good idea. it's also not the first time we been messed about with the 2 guitars we have on auction so things like this make me suspicious.

BumbleBabe
I don't mind the collection part cause we offer that but how about I say he must pay BoB rather after winning the bid instead of bringing the cash?

Ok that could work, the thing is that any buyer takes a chance on bidding on an item and if they win they have to take it. There is no changing you mind after the fact. He takes the chance not you.

voldermort

Wayne, remember a bid is a legally binding contract therefore you cannot bid and only decide if you want the item after you view it.......that is the same as somebody bidding on any of your items, paying, you send it to them and then they return it saying thanks, but I changed my mind about it!! What would you do under those circumstances?

I would definitely delete this bid and tell seller that once he decides if he wants to buy it, to bid again........1stly because as he has said, you have no guarantee that he actually intends buying the item if he wins it and 2ndly you have no idea what he has put as his maximum bid, thereby perhaps putting off any other sincere buyer.

wayjen

Sam you are correct.

I just poke to Jenny now and she says I should tell him on Q&A that this is a legally binding contract and as we have no guarantee that he will actually take the item I am forced to delete his bid. Should he in fact want the item still he can bid on it again BUT he must pay within 3 days of the bid closing into the BoBPay EFT account and he can collect on 18th. I will Give him a half hour to respond as I need to run off now quickly.

kyle2

Hi Wayne,

I would insist that he pays for the item though Bob before he comes to collect it, if he is unhappy with the thing then you can decide whether or not to refund him, in this case sticking to Bob's rules and guidelines might be best. The guy seems very unsure of himself and in auctions, you either want it or not, there's no middle ground, perhaps have a chat to him along those lines.

PS, its a lovely looking guitar.:bigsmile:

wayjen

thanks kyle I agree with you also so i am sending him or updating the Q&A and lets see what happens. I will give him a half hour to an hour to respond then take it from there. I want this done buy the book as something does not feel right to me.

Yeah the 2 guitars on auction are beautiful and look like they never been touched.

wayjen

just deleted the bid.

BumbleBabe

Good idea, stick to the book and play it safe.

PS: I agree they do look real good and you could get a really good price for them.

wayjen

Yeah let's see what happens now.

wayjen

ok he bid again and I closed the bid as he and I discussed now it's just the EFT payment.

lilythepink
Sam you are correct.

I just poke to Jenny now and she says I should tell him on Q&A that this is a legally binding contract and as we have no guarantee that he will actually take the item I am forced to delete his bid. Should he in fact want the item still he can bid on it again BUT he must pay within 3 days of the bid closing into the BoBPay EFT account and he can collect on 18th. I will Give him a half hour to respond as I need to run off now quickly.

Wayne admits to this forum that he poked Jenny? What next!

wayjen

ha ha ha ha thi darn " " button doe not work.

well it looks like he paid the money via eft i must just wait to hear from Jenny if it reflects before we send collection point.

meeks
ha ha ha ha thi darn " " button doe not work.

well it looks like he paid the money via eft i must just wait to hear from Jenny if it reflects before we send collection point.

Oh???????? Yet it worked FIVE times in the second line???????????????????? lol

wayjen
Oh???????? Yet it worked FIVE times in the second line???????????????????? lol

IT'S A MIRACLE!!!!!!!!!!

*makes note to self, never invite meeks to a magic show*

lilythepink
IT'S A MIRACLE!!!!!!!!!!

*makes note to self, never invite meeks to a magic show*

Now, now, Wayne. Do not even try to wriggle out of this one. We all know what you and Jenny are getting up to this morning. And we don't believe that your wrist has pins and needles because of the mouse!

wayjen

I never speak outside the bedroom.

lilythepink

Another admission from Wayne about the goings-on in his bedroom!

JPBon

Jenny must enjoy the peace and quiet then

wayjen

yeah yeah laff it up.

ha ha ha