Sign in to follow this  
anthony03

Ripped off

anthony03    10
anthony03

Dont you just hate it when you get ripped off. Items on auction i.e. box of stuff not sorted etc etc. These sellers dont tell you about the 99% rubbish in the sale. They cleverly word their item identification i.e books ( two books) etc. so you cant take them to task other than give them a negative rating. They also fail to estimate the items value thereby pushing up the bids. They know very well what the value of their item is. I will never bid on any item again containing the words ; box of unsorted items, suitcase of unsorted items without a proper description and estimated value.@#$%:sad:

RISadler    10
RISadler

If you mean this auction: Other Antiques & Collectables - AN OLD BROWN SUITCASE WITH ALLSORTS INSIDE !!!!!!!!!! was sold for R1,024.00 on 1 Dec at 21:16 by artlu in Pietermaritzburg (ID:29202733) then :weird::shock::confused:

Personally, I've grabbed some real bargains because the seller did not put up clear pictures or provided a good description, and nobody wanted to take a chance. :bigsmile:

I've also sold a few items at above market value, because the bidders got into a frenzy. :awesome:

Always bid with your head and your wallet, never with desire.

anthony03    10
anthony03

I Like the analogy" Question everyone and trust no-one" My new BoB motto. Cheers Alf

RISadler    10
RISadler

Welcome, new disbeliever and self-thinker. The road ahead may seem rocky and full of potholes, but persevere and you'll reap the fruits of enlightenment. :ninja:

vanmaninc    10
vanmaninc

*** thread hijack ***

I Like the analogy" Question everyone and trust no-one" My new BoB motto. Cheers Alf

Im also a fairly new BoBer ;D and i gotta say its the coolest thing since Gumtree :smile1:

i make very sure that i dont buy anything from Hong Kong or the UK because the postage fees will cancel out the savings you make when buying new or second hand.

*** hijack over ***

@anthony03 its never fun being ripped off, and im glad you learned from your mistake. it could happen to anyone.

always double check and make sure you read everything before bidding or buying..

kyle2    10
kyle2

Remember that show "Money or the Box"? LOL, :grin:

lilythepink    10
lilythepink
Remember that show "Money or the Box"? LOL, :grin:

Also the show "Pick a Box"!

wayjen    10
wayjen
*** thread hijack ***

Im also a fairly new BoBer ;D and i gotta say its the coolest thing since Gumtree :smile1:

i make very sure that i dont buy anything from Hong Kong or the UK because the postage fees will cancel out the savings you make when buying new or second hand.

*** hijack over ***

@anthony03 its never fun being ripped off, and im glad you learned from your mistake. it could happen to anyone.

always double check and make sure you read everything before bidding or buying..

does not work on BoB, too many people bid AND THEN ASK QUESTIONS.