Sign in to follow this  
AManAPlan

Blackberry Scam

AManAPlan

Bought a "blackberry" cellphone from All ratings received by LMMZ Trading on bidorbuy.co.za

Blackberry - ** Blckberry Storm 9530 ** BOXED ** ORIGINAL IN STOCK ** was sold for R1,711.00 on 19 Nov at 14:02 by LMMZ Trading in Nelspruit (ID:28882976)

The phone never worked. By this I mean the phone switched on, then off, and on etc. Took it to vodacom, paid R150. They got it to stop rebooting the whole time. Then they tell me the phone is locked for an American network, Verizone or something and they can't help me.

Took the phone to CellTraders in lynnwood (apparently they specialize in unlocking phones). They got the phone to a point where you can make a call (to limited numbers) and send sms but the blackberry services is not available. Cost me R600 for that. I can't get the service books or the Host Routing Table info.

Contacted the seller. Seller first refuses to refund and after I gave a negative rating offers to have look at the phone, but I have to ship at my own expense and risk. Yeah right, like that's going to happen.

Customercare@vodacom.co.za says they cannot and will not assist in registering the phone with RIM as I did not buy it from vodacom.

Why would I buy a secondhand phone for R1800? I bought this phone to use the blackberry services. Without that the phone is useless.

That leaves me with an expensive brick. The only value I can get from it now is to hit this mother@#%$#* who sold me the phone over the head with it.

AND please dont tell me the advert does not state anything about guarantees and it does say refurbished etc. etc. The fact is that if you advertise a BLACKBERRY, whether it is secondhand or new, the buyer buys the phone for the blackberry effect not the looks or for the sake of owning a phone.

As you can deduct, I am very p!..ed off. I was taken for a ride by this seller.

Email from vodacom :

Kindly be advised that your device is currently registering on our side as a Research in Motion BlackBerry 9530 Storm, this specific device has not been tested on our network. The device might be bought in South Africa however the device is not compatible (reason being that it uses different bands etc) on our network resulting in the handset not working like it should.

The fact that this seller sold me an incompatible phone justifies a refund. What can I do? Any advise?

DA_LION_619
ALL PHONES ARE UNLOCKED ON ALL NETWORKS

you should hold him to this also I hate people who advertise something and offer something totally different anyway you should send the phone back by speed services just take down the vital parts of the phone like serials etc.

also take some photos as you would know if he swaps it

Its really sad when something like this happens

SProducts

I also sell these phones, I agree with you when you blame the seller as its his responsibility to sell you something that works accordingly.

I do believe the phone was unlocked and you might have wasted a lot of money due to lack of information from the seller's part assuming you informed him/her about these problems. The phone does work with BIS 100% if you know how to make it work. The reason is software based, the phone's software is USA based. All local networks dont have it on the list of their Blackberries and that is why BIS is problem, it will connect for a whole and loose it after a while as it looks for american codes or whatever and cant find them (I have no clue what I'm saying here).

By doing a research and searching the net you can find the solution, it happens everywhere. Even people from other countries around teh world have that same problem.

If I will help you, I will have to charge you since you didnt buy it from me.

Miss Jewels

I also purchased 4 of these phones (not from this seller) and took them to MTN to have a BIS done. Works perfectly and no charge. We did our own setup and created our own accounts. If you need help (with my little bit of knowledge), send me a PM so that I can try to assist you.

Bought a "blackberry" cellphone from All ratings received by LMMZ Trading on bidorbuy.co.za

Blackberry - ** Blckberry Storm 9530 ** BOXED ** ORIGINAL IN STOCK ** was sold for R1,711.00 on 19 Nov at 14:02 by LMMZ Trading in Nelspruit (ID:28882976)

The phone never worked. By this I mean the phone switched on, then off, and on etc. Took it to vodacom, paid R150. They got it to stop rebooting the whole time. Then they tell me the phone is locked for an American network, Verizone or something and they can't help me.

Took the phone to CellTraders in lynnwood (apparently they specialize in unlocking phones). They got the phone to a point where you can make a call (to limited numbers) and send sms but the blackberry services is not available. Cost me R600 for that. I can't get the service books or the Host Routing Table info.

Contacted the seller. Seller first refuses to refund and after I gave a negative rating offers to have look at the phone, but I have to ship at my own expense and risk. Yeah right, like that's going to happen.

Customercare@vodacom.co.za says they cannot and will not assist in registering the phone with RIM as I did not buy it from vodacom.

Why would I buy a secondhand phone for R1800? I bought this phone to use the blackberry services. Without that the phone is useless.

That leaves me with an expensive brick. The only value I can get from it now is to hit this mother@#%$#* who sold me the phone over the head with it.

AND please dont tell me the advert does not state anything about guarantees and it does say refurbished etc. etc. The fact is that if you advertise a BLACKBERRY, whether it is secondhand or new, the buyer buys the phone for the blackberry effect not the looks or for the sake of owning a phone.

As you can deduct, I am very p!..ed off. I was taken for a ride by this seller.

Email from vodacom :

Kindly be advised that your device is currently registering on our side as a Research in Motion BlackBerry 9530 Storm, this specific device has not been tested on our network. The device might be bought in South Africa however the device is not compatible (reason being that it uses different bands etc) on our network resulting in the handset not working like it should.

The fact that this seller sold me an incompatible phone justifies a refund. What can I do? Any advise?

Prinslft
I also purchased 4 of these phones (not from this seller) and took them to MTN to have a BIS done. Works perfectly and no charge. We did our own setup and created our own accounts. If you need help (with my little bit of knowledge), send me a PM so that I can try to assist you.

Miss Jewels please help

Good day

I also purchased a Blackberry, for my wife but have similar problems with Vodacom. The phone did not have any service books or host routing tables. I loaded some service books, but the host routing tables remain empty. E-mail does not work on this phone. Any help will be highly appreciated. The phone is a Blackberry 8830, World edition from verizon wireless. The call and sms works fine now but BIS and e-mail no go. Any help please.

Edited by Prinslft

Miss Jewels

Hi Prinslft

Have you purchased your BIS? If not, you need to type in (*111#) to purchase - automatically R59.00 per month so you need to purchase this every month. Payment is automatically deducted from your airtime.

Once this is done, you can set up your email and should then be able to access.

Please let me know if you managed to come right.

Regards, Cheryl