Sign in to follow this  
DestinysAngels

Male and Female Jack Russel need a home ASAP - Sold for 1c!

BumbleBabe    10
BumbleBabe

You go girl !!

DestinysAngels    10
DestinysAngels
BumbleBabe    10
BumbleBabe

Is it legal to sell these monkeys?

DestinysAngels    10
DestinysAngels
Is it legal to sell these monkeys?

:suspicious:No, if you know the breed and how to take care of them it would be fine, there is contact details on the listing and i have reported this specific seller before and they are still doing it, they took it off and now all the listings has the details, very arrogant i'd say!

BumbleBabe    10
BumbleBabe
:suspicious:No, if you know the breed and how to take care of them it would be fine, there is contact details on the listing and i have reported this specific seller before and they are still doing it, they took it off and now all the listings has the details, very arrogant i'd say!

For sure!! Skipping high payments to bob. If they dont care to list well and follow the rules, how do we know they are looking after these animals :disgusted:

mellowred    10
mellowred

Hi DA,

The 1c listing may have been from someone genuinely looking for a good home - it's been deleted now so I can't see it. They should have contacted a web page like Barking Mad on FaceBook though. At least the members there are genuine animal lovers and they would find a good home.

As for the other listings, I don't believe monkeys should be domestic pets. If one has a huge run with trees and let's the monkeys live like G O D intended then I'm ok with it. But monkeys were never meant to wear nappies and eat human food and I detest the practice.

I would imagine that genuine breeders of pets would belong to some form of society. Why do they not advertise the animals for sale through those channels. Or at their local vets?

Breeding animals for pure monetary gain is i.m.o. a very cold hearted way of making money. I know some people do it for the genuine love of a breed and ensure that the pets go to loving homes, but too many just want the income.

DestinysAngels    10
DestinysAngels
Hi DA, The 1c listing may have been from someone genuinely looking for a good home - it's been deleted now so I can't see it. They should have contacted a web page like Barking Mad on FaceBook though. At least the members there are genuine animal lovers and they would find a good home.

:wink:I understand that but it is not right to sell an animal for 1c, even if it is genuine, i have heard horrible stories about free dogs that were given away and i would rather not illaborate on that as it is really not very nice to hear nor see. If you want a doggie i can put you onto some great people that do this job for nothing, and you can be assured that animal will be going to the right hands. I do not condone giving a dog away for free because there are just too many who end up in shelters due to this fact even though it is not a guarantee that a bought doggie would be safer as i have seen this too. If you do want a dog the Animal Anti Cruelty League is the way to go, they do a wonderfull job with these animals and they are greatly cared for and they know the issues with the dog and therefore will be able to tell you what you are in for!

Jack Russels have numerous problems and people get them as pups just to later decide they had enough and then the problem becomes yours and that is not nice. This seller is offering 2 for 1c and already that brings down alarm bells in my book. We have learned that a dog should never be given away for free, anything for free has not been worked for and will not be cared for because another one will be available for the taking, so why bother as it is as easy as changing diapers!

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

I absolutely agree that the Animal Anti-Cruelty League is the way to go if you can no longer keep your animals. They will rehome AFTER checking the new owner's property and credentials!

mellowred    10
mellowred

Hi DA. You are right about the JRs. Lovely dogs, but one-man dogs and in need of lots of exercise and attention. So many breeds need special attention. Huskies spring to mind. If one is not prepared for them it leads to a lot of problems.

Also, your little Yorkies love human company and need ongoing attention. Not suited to people who are out all day. And, ideally dogs should have a canine companion.

anything for free has not been worked for and will not be cared for because another one will be available for the taking,
With regards to pets, I don't fully agree with your statement that they should not be given away free. For people that have to emigrate or have other difficulties and can't take pets with them (I can't leave SA for this reason - will never leave my babe :love:) finding a good home has nothing to do with anyone paying for the pet.

But I do agree with you when it is a case of people desperately looking for "any" home to get rid of kittens and puppies because they couldn't be bothered to sterilize their pet. That is another issue :mad:. Although one of my cats ended up with me because of an owner that was too lazy to get his Queen sterilised. He was the most beautiful, arrogant 1/2 Siamese boy I even had the pleasure of sharing my life with. His poor mum was a beautiful pedigree Siamese who was just left to wonder about at the mercy of all the Toms in the area (ok ... she was a bit of a tart :amuse:). Turtle was one of her fifth litter. I only took him on condition that the owner (a friend of mine) have the mum sterilized. I was fed-up with his whining every five months or so that he had another litter of kittens to find homes for :worried:. How stupid can you be? I had sleepless nights trying to find "good" homes for those kittens.

DestinysAngels    10
DestinysAngels
Also, your little Yorkies love human company and need ongoing attention. Not suited to people who are out all day. And, ideally dogs should have a canine companion. With regards to pets, I don't fully agree with your statement that they should not be given away free. For people that have to emigrate or have other difficulties and can't take pets with them (I can't leave SA for this reason - will never leave my babe :love:) finding a good home has nothing to do with anyone paying for the pet.

:razz:Hi, yes Yorkies does need alot of attention but so does all dogs, luckily i work from home so they are totally spoiled! I understand what you are saying about free pets, but in todays world it is just not on. So i say lets agree to disagree on this, because of my studying dogs and the issues that goes along with it, i know what i know, but not only that, i really believe in my work and i know it will benefit the animals in the end and not the human, so that makes me happy and all of this worth the while!

Kit W    10
Kit W

Hi DA, MsPlod and lily

You are all doing sterling work in attempting to monitor the sale of live animals. I take my hat off to you all.

Regards

Kit

DestinysAngels    10
DestinysAngels
Hi DA, MsPlod and lily

You are all doing sterling work in attempting to monitor the sale of live animals. I take my hat off to you all.

Regards

Kit

:love:Thank you so much for the kind words it is appreciated, dogs and all other animals are my passion and my little pleasure in life and there are so phew, dogs are wonderfull beings and i adore everything about them!

Guest Guest   
Guest Guest

How on earth can this be approved?!

This is to me the worst moment on BOB - seeing what is for SALE or AUCTION...!

Other Pets - Golden Capuchin Monkey for sale for sale in Pretoria / Tshwane (ID:29835873)

Click on their page for a bigger picture (Or save as ...- and view then...)

1814501-1727168002-b.gif

1814501-933338236-b.gif

1814501-26797873-b.gif

SHOCKING and SAD!!! :disgusted: & :mad: & Saddened...

Edited by Edmund1000
Adding photo...

Wild Olive Art    11
Wild Olive Art

This is absolutely disgusting.

Aside from being it being an absolute disgrace keeping wild animals as pets , there is no way for the seller to inspect prospective homes or ensure buyers of these animals are legitimate animal lovers.

The rule that NO animals may be sold on Bidorbuy should be across the board , why is the sale of these animals being allowed on this site ??

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

I am in total agreement with everything Olive Art has said! Unfortunately, animals are still allowed to be "sold" on Bid or Buy. It is just that they cannot be auctioned. I have yet to know the difference as far as the poor animals are concerned ...!