Sign in to follow this  
Gaya82

Please help very confused

Gaya82    10
Gaya82

I see that some seller have a set rate, what if parcel goes to a further location and costs more. I dont understand how this works and how estimate a price if you dont even know more or less the parcell will go?

Virgotec    10
Virgotec

Postal rates in SA are standard, it doesn't matter where in SA they are going to. The rate depends on the method of posting and weight of the parcel.

Gaya82    10
Gaya82

So which postal service do you use, as i dont seem to get the right response from some services?

RISadler    10
RISadler

First, there is SAPO - the South African Post Office - which is the one most people use and is the only one legally allowed to operate a postal service in this country. Cost is based on weight and dimensions, irrespective of where in South Africa the item goes, but with international items distance is also factored in.

Second, there are companies like PostNet, who run a post office'ish service through partnership with some courier company. (DHL, I think.) Their rates are linked to the rates of the courier company, plus a handling fee.

Third, there are courier companies, who will transport things for a fee based on weight, dimensions and distance. The fee varies from company to company.

And last, there are companies who act as "agents" for SAPO, who will simply take your item to the post office for a substantial fee.