Sign in to follow this  
JPBon

Question about Prompts

JPBon    10
JPBon

OK say I want to list an item such as paint, I have several bottles of different colours available, would it be possible to list as one item.

But the client can select Multiple qtys and colours via the prompts?

brands online    10
brands online
OK say I want to list an item such as paint, I have several bottles of different colours available, would it be possible to list as one item.

But the client can select Multiple qtys and colours via the prompts?

Hi JPBon, yes, this is possible

Help - Selling - Prompts

JPBon    10
JPBon

Ive read that and i use it for some of my stuff, but it doesnt answer this question for me

If customer wants 2 x Green 1 x Red and 2 x blue will it allow him to select these and fill in a qty

JPBon    10
JPBon

Ok the only way I can see which might work is the long text message version of prompts.

mellowred    10
mellowred

I think you need a Uni Degree of sorts to be able to use the prompts system JP. If you work it out, I'll get you to do my listing next time I need it. It's far too complicated for my 1/2 brain cell.

JPBon    10
JPBon
I think you need a Uni Degree of sorts to be able to use the prompts system JP. If you work it out, I'll get you to do my listing next time I need it. It's far too complicated for my 1/2 brain cell.

I have a few listings using them now, I just sometimes hit a wobbly lol

MsPlod    10
MsPlod

Wow!! Even though I do not sell, I would strongly recommend that you sell the different colours separately!

The prompts are not always the easiest to work through - you may end up with folks being cross because THEY have made a mistake in ordering 3 blue and 2 red instead of vice versa... ;)

mellowred    10
mellowred

I had 101 DVDs I was trying to sell. I tried to work through the prompts (as a buyer) and got so confused because it was not doing what I wanted (as the seller) that I just left it as one bulk of 101.

Pity, because I had several enquiries regarding buying the DVDs individually. As they were being sold to help out a friend, I could not spare the time to list them as individual items.

I've told him to list them himself and see what happens.

JPBon    10
JPBon

Its really not hard to do just a lot of typing

mellowred    10
mellowred

It's not the typing JP ... it's the photos. And I'm a nitpicking nutter who suffers from a touch of OCD. That's why listing is such an issue for me. Not that my listings look any better than anyone else's, just that i have to have everything "just so". Takes me ages. Which is fine when it's a R500 item but not on a R10 book :rolleyes:.

Someone ... please place that firecracker under my bum!

booksallsizes    10
booksallsizes

List your books! List your books, Mellowred! I only see one item listed....

firecracker.gif

JPBon    10
JPBon

Ive listed some books but most of mine fall under vintage books lol

MsPlod    10
MsPlod

Having just bought something (yet another thing LOL) from you - I totally take back what I said about the prompts! You have it down to a fine art!!

@Booksallsizes - the firecracker under the bum has me chuckling mightily!!

mellowred    10
mellowred

@ booksallsizes. Ouch ... that hurt like hell :blush:.

Like JP most of my books are vintage and will be interesting to someone. But they require a lot of photos. I have three jobs pending on my desk. They should be gone by the weekend so I promise to look at that firecracker and get going on Saturday.