Sign in to follow this  
daddie2610

Discreet item

daddie2610

Please explain this to me/us...if an item is listed as discreet, are all bidders bidding on the item reflected as "discreet" or can only users with discreet status bid on this item

Digital SLR - Brand New # Canon 60D + EF-S 18-135mm Zoom Lens # In Stock # Next Day Shipping # for sale in Johannesburg (ID:29729221)

Not to sure how this works and I will gladly appreciate some enlightment:confused:

BMW_M3_CSL

It is a pet hate of mine when normal items are listed as discreet - this is open to shill bidding etc and there is no way you know if it is legit or not. Discreet to me is when you want to sell/buy "personal items" and that is totally acceptable as not everybody needs to know what "personal items" I buy. Okay I accept - double standards but normal items as discreet - WHY?

This is in no ways saying this seller has done anything wrong - this is my personal opinion only.

BumbleBabe

Any one can bid on the item and see it. Only the bidders cant be seen and once you win the bid, no one can see where you got it from.

daddie2610

this is what is so confusing to me my first thought to be quite frank was ...shill bidding

trader JE

Some insight to why this seller might be marking goods as discreet.He sold a Canon 1D M IV reccently and someone had his 1d m4 stolen and this person contacted the buyer to hear if not maybe his camera.The seller sells lots of 2nd hand camerastuff which he claims comes from overseas,often without original accessories boxes etc.Seller does not allow collection,does not want to see who buys from him....maybe has something to hide.Up to buyers to decide.

ClearenceCorner

Trader JE " Grow Up mate "

Some insight to why this seller might be marking goods as discreet.He sold a Canon 1D M IV reccently and someone had his 1d m4 stolen and this person contacted the buyer to hear if not maybe his camera.The seller sells lots of 2nd hand camerastuff which he claims comes from overseas,often without original accessories boxes etc.Seller does not allow collection,does not want to see who buys from him....maybe has something to hide.Up to buyers to decide.

There is only one person on bidorbuy who have problem with ClearenceCorner selling lots of second items like Camera's, Laptops, etc, come i tell you why, its because you can't sell the items the way ClearenceCorner do, Your business is going down because all your buyers are buying from him, The person who won the auction of Canon 1D Mark IV was given with the Serial number before the payment, He did all his homework before the payment, He even spoke with the person whoes 1D Mark IV Was stolen, Result came out with " ClearenceCorner is selling Legit items "

All Camera stuff comes from UK and USA, If you please do lil bit home work on the auctions site on UK and USA where they sell all those items which comes from Closing down shops / companys, I am sure you will also find a bargain, You dont have anything to do Trader JE, You just come up with your own stories, I will Request you to look for them, you will surely find the bargains

Secondly, If the buyers are not happy with my terms and conditions, They are not forced to buy from me, if they dont feel safe, Dont buy, I am not holding the gun on their heads!

Those buyers who don't feel safe to do deal with ClearenceCorner, Please dont waste your time and Mine

Regards

qball

Stick to the topic, if posts become confrontational, warnings will be issued and access to the forum restricted. The seller has the right to list high priced items as discreet. Shill bidding is monitored by bidorbuy and we take the necessary action if it is found that a seller has created accounts to bid on their items.

Thank you

Thread closed.

qball
Please explain this to me/us...if an item is listed as discreet, are all bidders bidding on the item reflected as "discreet" or can only users with discreet status bid on this item

Digital SLR - Brand New # Canon 60D + EF-S 18-135mm Zoom Lens # In Stock # Next Day Shipping # for sale in Johannesburg (ID:29729221)

Not to sure how this works and I will gladly appreciate some enlightment:confused:

Please see our help section here - Help - Selling - Enhanced Listings

Please also bear in mind, in real world auctions, most of the bidders do not know each other either and have no idea who they are bidding against. Discreet auctions are often used for high value goods, where buyers may wish to remain anonymous. We can monitor discreet auctions for shill bidding.